TREND ALERT: Wearing sweatpants with what?!


Kim Kardashian is currently popularizing a new trend that's getting mixed reactions from the people in the fashion industry. Some love it, others hate it, and then there are those that simply don't get it.

Over the course of the past few weeks, Kim has been spotted wearing casual sweatpants with either a pair of high heels, ankle boots, or even over-the-knee boots (see here and here). This choice of footwear seems to baffle many people, especially the lovely ladies at The Purse Forum message boards. Khloe, however, seems to be on board with this particular style (see here).

Today I decided to give this trend a try and wore my favorite jogger pants with my dark blue velvet Topshop ankle boots.  


Kim also loves to top off her ensemble with an oversized jacket, whether it's a fur coat or a large bomber. 

I personally like the style and I'm probably going to be wearing various incarnations of it over the next few days. Do I love it? Not necessarily, but I like it enough and I "get" it enough.

Maybe it's the generation I was born in but I personally don't see why others despise this look so much. Some people say it just "doesn't make sense" to wear this combination of pieces because jogger pants are meant to be worn for casual occasions only, if not strictly for lounging around the house.

I, however, disagree with this. I think it's nice to dress up your favorite pair of sweatpants every once in a while. It's like mixing glam with street fashion, which I think is pretty cool. Plus, it's definitely something that Rihanna would wear.

This trend will probably die down in two months or so, but I'm interested to know what you think about it. Is it a yay or a nay for you? Let me know in the comments section below!


Top: PEOPLE ARE PEOPLE
Jacket: AQUA GOLD
Pants: HBA
Boots: TOPSHOP
Bag: HERMES
Necklace: KHLOE & STELLA

5 comments:

  1. I can't pull off this outfit so it's a nay for me. But I'm sure there are a lot who can. Edgy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I tend to dress up my tighter joggers and leave the loose ones at home, though I'm definitely tempted to give them a go now too! Have a great weekend :)

    aglassofice.com
    x

    ReplyDelete
  3. haha sweatpants are my thing girl! I love how comfy they are :)


    http://www.thequinoxfashion.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. In my opinion it's really interesting new trend too, I love how you styled these sweatpants. :)

    Have a lovely evening dear,
    http://crafty-zone.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awesome! Great Shirt that she had wear in this blog. lulus coupon

    ReplyDelete

Powered by Blogger.