OOTD: "My Heart Is A Gated Community, Please Get The Hell Off My Property"


How short is too short? In a country as conservative as the Philippines, extremely short shorts are frequently frowned upon by narrow-minded people whose mindsets still seem to be stuck somewhere in the 1900's. I'm not saying that people should be running around wearing skimpy clothing, I'm just saying that if people want to, why should anyone judge? I, for one, have my moments when I'm feeling incredibly sexy and wild, so I would dress up in clothing that reflects my mood.

Take today's outfit, for instance. Admittedly, these shorts are kind of short, but so what? I wanted to wear it because it makes me feel sexy and I don't think there's anything wrong with that. After all, isn't fashion all about freedom of expression? And most importantly, it's supposed to be fun. In order to balance everything out, I chose to wear this oversized camouflage jacket. Fortunately the weather here in Manila has been unusually cool lately. Granted it's because there's currently a typhoon, but I'll take what I can get.









Personally, I dress for myself, not for other people. I don't judge others based on their outfits so I expect others to give me the same courtesy or respect. Unfortunately, not everyone is an educated human being, and I still received a lot of bold stares today, both good and bad. I don't care, though. I've always believed in individuality especially when it comes to style.












23 comments:

  1. You always look so fabulous!! Love the colors in this look! :)

    New post on GIRL ABOUT TOWN BLOG
    FACEBOOK || BLOGLOVIN || INSTAGRAM || G +

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great look for you, sweetie!

    xo
    http://camillajulie.looklab.dk/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the jacket! And the post title --- so powerful! <3

    Alex // www.lexidoodledoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like short shorts and these do look super sexy ;)
    Bella Pummarola

    ReplyDelete
  5. Amazing outfit dear! I love your haircut! ^-^
    xoxo
    www.milleunrossetto.blogspot.it

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nice jacket !

    http://www.fruityandpassion.com/2015/10/roads-fragrances.html#more

    ReplyDelete
  7. I agree with you, everyone has right to wear what he/she wants to, great shorts, dear!

    http://crafty-zone.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  8. love this mix and match, nice camouflage jacket
    would you like to pass from my blog?
    I wish you an happy day
    a big kiss
    <<< fashion blogger >>>

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow, you look so gorgeous Kylie!
    And I love the tee ;)

    besos
    M
    The Flower Duet

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow.. I'd always loved your sense of style and this one is just nth times deeper! I love this look. So edgy yet a bit feminine. :)

    Mimi | Chasing Bleu

    ReplyDelete
  11. so damn great

    http://carrieslifestyle.com
    Posts online about Dubai, Amalfi, Amsterdam....

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love the bold, bright colours of the tote. Have a lovely week!

    Gabrielle | A Glass Of Ice
    x

    ReplyDelete
  13. I honestly don't think I've ever seen a bag so beautiful!

    Corinne x
    www.skinnedcartree.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. You look great in this outfit! I love that you have such strong opinions x
    Lovely post and I love the shoes

    Liz | LotsofLoveLiz

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hahaha you should include Thailand too! Anyway, I love your Camo jacket!

    ReplyDelete
  16. rocking that print mixing like no other! :D

    Have a great weekend!
    Animated Confessions

    ReplyDelete
  17. Love this look Kylie so edgy and chic!

    sarahrizaga.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  18. I agree with you. I still don't find freedom in what I wear. Sometimes I want to wear crop tops or backless but I just can't because, of course, I'll get stares and be the subject of gossips. I'm happy for you that you can pull off anything you wear and you follow your heart. :)

    Have a nice day!

    xoxo,
    SHAIRA
    www.missdream-girl.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Powered by Blogger.