Job Interview Look #1


This is what I wore to a recent job interview when I applied for an internship position at STATUS Magazine. I wanted to go for a slightly formal vibe, but still kept it relaxed and comfortable to suit the image of the company I was applying to.

I thought it would be a good idea to document all of my "job interview" looks here on my blog. You see, I'm almost done with university and this summer we're required to complete 400 hours worth of on-the-job training. I've applied to several companies already, all fashion and media-related, and this was the first one to call me back for an interview.

I'm keeping my fingers crossed for more interviews this coming week!




The night before my interview, I did a comprehensive research on STATUS. Of course, I was already familiar with the magazine and what they're all about, but it never hurts to do a little extra research so you can be fully prepared.

The magazine has a very youthful, energetic, and "indie" feel to it, and I knew that I could probably get away with wearing something a little grungier. However, it was still a job interview and we all know how much first impressions matter, so I still decided to keep things formal, albeit not too much.



Blazer: CHARLOTTE RUSSE
Pants: UNIQLO
Shoes: SPERRY
Necklace: FUDGE ROCK
Bag: HERMES


28 comments:

  1. I love your outfit, Kylie. Good luck and I'm hoping you get admitted! :)

    Happy Easter!

    xoxo,
    SHAIRA
    www.missdream-girl.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. loving this more minimalist look from you!! so chic! :D

    Have a great Easter Sunday! :D
    Animated Confessions

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hope you get the job and you are looking good as usual! Miss reading your post. x

    www.birdieliau.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your whole out fit look great, perfect look for job interview :)
    GlamupGirls

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great shoes and Happy Easter. Thanks for sharing.

    Eye See Euphoria | http://eyeseeeuphoria.com/post/eye-adore-shay-mone

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the outfit! It's formal, yet it wouldn't look out of place in a casual setting either!

    becky ♡ star violet

    ReplyDelete
  7. You look gorgeous! What a great interview outfit this is. Holding good thoughts for you! T. http://tickledpinkwoman.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. I think you got it. :)
    Happy Easter!

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is such a chic look - good luck with the job! I love those shoes, Sperry shoes are so comfortable.

    Tara x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Aww great! I love the casual but more on formal vibe in your outfit Kylie!! perfect for an interview! blazers are always a go to piece when it comes to formal occasions like a job interview. I hope you get the job and gather more success!

    love lots,
    Tin

    mypoeticisolation.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. well this is on point Kylie.
    I love that it's not too formal
    but presentable enough that it would project smart casual.
    :)



    Ms. Kei

    ReplyDelete
  12. Perfect :D

    The Cutielicious
    http://www.thecutielicious.com
    Federica

    ReplyDelete
  13. Good luck!!! Hope u get the job u want :)
    xoxo

    Novelstyle

    ReplyDelete
  14. This is a great look! Good luck with the job!

    Corinne x
    www.skinnedcartree.com

    ReplyDelete
  15. Nice look! And good luck on your internship hunt :)

    STYLE VANITY

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hi babe, this job interview look is so beautiful and perfect. I love your sense of style
    kisses
    Maggie Dallospedale Fashion diary - Fashion blog

    ReplyDelete
  17. Look great! You probably killed that interview!

    http://www.racheldinh.com

    ReplyDelete
  18. I really like your blazer, good luck on your job interviews, dear :)

    Hope you had amazing Easter, dear,
    http://crafty-zone.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  19. those shoes are stunning
    great look for an interview and all the best
    kisses

    ReplyDelete
  20. I think you looked perfect for the occasion, professional but trendy! Good luck with your interviews!

    Bella Pummarola

    ReplyDelete
  21. Love you outfit - perfect for the style of interview you were going for
    Good luck
    xx
    Garland Girl

    ReplyDelete
  22. Hi Dear Kyle,
    you're so chic and elegant! lovely shoes :)
    Baci,
    Coco et La vie en rose - Valeria Arizzi

    ReplyDelete
  23. Wow you look beautiful Kylie and good luck!

    besos,
    M
    The Flower Duet

    ReplyDelete
  24. Good luck with your interviews, hoping you get a job you will love. Love your look but can't wear it for a job interview (I work in finance though) but cool and perfect mix of casual and corporate.

    http://thinkworkandgo.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  25. Oooh exciting opportunity! Good luck with it girl and let me know if you get it :)

    ReplyDelete
  26. Love the red bag!

    www.intransitph.com

    ReplyDelete

Powered by Blogger.