DJEEG'N: A/W 2014 Ad Campaign

If you've been following my blog since the beginning, then you might remember me blogging about the new Parisian designer label called Djeeg'n (pronounced as Jee-gan). If not, you may read my previous posts about them here and here.

One perk of being a blogger is that I am in control of who and what I want to feature on my blog. If I was working for an advertising agency, I would have no choice but to do the job and advertise people, places, products, and companies regardless of whether or not I believe in them. However, since I own my blog and therefore I am my own boss (so to speak), everything is up to me.

All of the brands/stores I blog about are ones that I personally like and believe in. I would feel like I'd be doing my readers a great injustice if I were to promote things that I didn't even like.

The reason I've chosen to blog about Djeeg'n repeatedly is because I truly believe in the brand and the message that it stands for, which basically encourages people to be who they really are and to stop conforming to the "norms" in order to fit in. Oftentimes, we strive to act in certain ways in order to be accepted or in order to please the people around us. Djeeg'n wants us to live our lives based on our natural talents and abilities, rather than forcing ourselves to shine in areas we know are not necessarily our forte. As the brand itself puts it, "happiness is much more easily achieved when you try to focus on your innate capabilities and develop the talents that you have a natural knack for!".

With that being said, I am very happy to announce that I have been chosen by Djeeg'n to be one of the very few bloggers to unveil their upcoming collection for A/W 2014 by releasing exclusive photos of their ad campaign.

Without further ado, here's a sneak peek at their upcoming collection.






Before I end this blog post, let me give you all a little more information about Djeeg'n in order to familiarize yourselves with the brand.

  • ON THE NAME:
    • The name of the brand is inspired by a Wolof word (a language spoken in West Africa) that means woman. 
    • Djeeg'n itself is inspired by the Wolof term Djiguën, however, it is in fact a combination of three different languages that represent the three major cities their company is founded upon: Paris, NYC, and Senegal. Dj(French), ee(English), and gan(African) is how their founder has incorporated the different dialects of three different cultures.
  • ELEMENTS OF THE BRAND:
    • The pillar of the brand is women; they want to provide high-quality clothing that is sophisticated, effortless, chic, and ultimately empowering. Their creative director aspires to differentiate the brand form other high end designers through her playful usage of more experimental textures and bolder colors.

For even more details, visit the Djeeg'n website by clicking here.

x




24 comments:

  1. I can't believe I've only heard of Djeeg'n just now! I love what they stand for, and how different and unafraid they are. I especially love the first look, and I can't wait to see the rest of the collection! I owe bloggers like you for advertising the brands they truly love, for it further proves how trusted and impressive the brand really is. Their name is very creative too xx

    http://xndrexpanaligan.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very beautiful this campaign!
    www.giusyslife.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Never heard of this brand too but so far so good, i love the sneak peek of the collection. The black dress is just <3

    Visit my blog: www.sarahrizaga.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. very beautiful collection,love the first one look
    would you like to pass from my blog?
    NEW POST http://tr3ndygirl.com
    kiss

    ReplyDelete
  5. It is so great that they picked you! :) The collection and the campaign look amazing :)

    xoxo

    Novelstyle

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great pieces.so stunning
    Have a great weekend
    Cheers

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congrats on being selected!! These looks are absolutely stunning. My favorite piece is the coat! This makes me so excited for fall clothing :)

    Best,
    Christina

    looksbylau.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks for sharing this. Great campaign and collection. :) I can imagine you wearing one of the outfits there :)

    xx
    www.jewelclicks.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Congrats! You write really beautiful ;)
    I love the black dress with sleeves ;)

    besos,
    M
    http://theflowerduet.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love how you speak Thai! Chob mak ka! You geng mak :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love this post. I can't wait to see the rest of their collection.
    xoxo

    http://fabulousisfreedom.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. From what you've said, I know that this brand has a lot to offer. I like the fact that the brand produces elegant and high quality clothes. I can't wait to see the whole collection! :)

    xoxo,
    SHAIRA
    http://missdream-girl.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  13. this seems so couture tbh.. love it!

    http://only4feet9.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. I have never heard about this brand before, but I love discovering new things, so thanks for a sharing with this post, my dear :) I see that they have great clothes!

    http://crafty-zone.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  15. Looks like a great collection and the photos are awesome!

    http://bellapummarola.blogspot.it/

    ReplyDelete
  16. Loving the line and I really love the message that it stands for!!! xo
    http://stylesensemoments.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  17. I've never heard of the brand but I'm very intrigued about the collection! The clothing are structured in a precise manner and I love the modernized designs, very stylish and unique! :) I'm definitely a fan of clothing that are one of a kind.

    Take care always, love Christine ~ xx
    BLOG | BLOGLOVIN' | TWITTER | FACEBOOK

    ReplyDelete
  18. I didn't know about him but I really like his designs.

    ReplyDelete
  19. wow!! amazing pieces!! :D thanks for sharing this collection!

    Animated Confessions

    ReplyDelete
  20. Nice selection of pics! Amazing collection! Kisses.
    xx cvety
    cvetybaby.com
    Instagram Facebook

    ReplyDelete

Powered by Blogger.