STYLE INSPIRATIONS: "Music Festival" Fashion (+DIY Kimono Tutorial)

As promised, I've compiled some photos of style inspirations for all of you who are attending the Wanderland Music & Arts Festival this May 17. Loose tops, flowy dresses, denim shorts, cropped tops, fringes, oversized cardigans, hats, and flower crowns . . . All in very bold, eye-catching colors and patterns! 

I also styled my friend Bea in three different outfits for even more fashionable ideas. I hope you can find a little bit of inspiration from these outfits, no matter what your personal style is. 




Now, remember the kimono that I wore in my last blog post? The one I made using an old scarf I found in my closet? 


As promised, here's a quick and easy DIY instruction on how to make one yourself! (Thank you to Marija from Style Sense Moments for letting me post this).

All you need is a big scarf or piece of fabricscissors and needle and a thread.

1) Fold your scarf in half

2) Cut the upper folded half in the middle (only halfway until you reach the folded part)

3) Sew the edges together but not all the way, leaving some holes for the arms.


Easy, right? And perfect for Wanderland, too! Let me know if you decide to try this out at home. Feel free to send me some photos if you do and I'll even post them here :)

x




23 comments:

  1. Will you attend the Wanderland Festival next Saturday? :) I love the second outfit you've put in together on your friend. :)

    Follow my blog with Bloglovin

    Instagram: @shai_manalo

    xoxo,
    SHAIRA
    http://missdream-girl.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow...not only are you so fashionable, but you're so artistically inclined!!! <3 Love the kimono!!!

    http://anshul90.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great post.love the pictures and the looks
    Keep intouch
    Kisses

    ReplyDelete
  4. The green dress is so perfect! like a princess :)
    xoxo

    BlueDressedDoll

    ReplyDelete
  5. love the third outfit
    woul you follow each other ?
    unconventionalsecrets.blogspot.it

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ahh I wish I could attend! What an incredible festival to be a part of - I already have plans though!! It's my 23rd birthday party! Yippiee <3

    To everyone who is going - enjoy it!! xxxx

    www.bohemianmuses.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great outfits! Im in love with ur oversized kimono....gorgeous!
    xoxo

    Novelstyle

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow such a pretty look sweetie <3
    keep in touch
    www.fineartandyou.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. I really enjoy those music festival styles! They're so fun! =)
    Thanks for your lovely comment in my blog! Have a week full of blessings!

    Please, Vote for WHAT TO STYLE for Best International Blog Newcomer


    http://whattostyle.blogspot.com/

    xoxo,
    Jess

    ReplyDelete
  10. fabulous! love the DIY dearie :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh you did a great job with that kimono, I love it!!!
    And your friend is so adorable, love how you styled her! xo

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thank You for a nice comment on my blog! The pics are really good and lovely :) You're stunning!
    www.lefffka.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. you both look fabulous :D

    xx
    http://overloadstories.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. Your look is my favourite! The scarf must have been huge!
    Baci,
    Coco
    Coco et La vie en rose / Bloglovin / Facebook

    ReplyDelete
  15. ohh these are some really nice looks!! I really love the 3rd outfit that is shown here!!
    The color of the dress is perfect!
    ohh your so creative with that scarf!! I kinda want to try doing that with one of my scarves!
    http://www.mybrokeneggshells.com

    ReplyDelete
  16. Love Kimono's, but I had no idea it was this simple to make! So not splurging on them anymore lol.

    Best,

    Tamara B.
    LilMissStyle Blog

    ReplyDelete
  17. Cute outfits! :) and YEY! for the tutorial. I will try it too if hindi ako busy. :)

    thanks for sharing. :D

    x,
    Jewel

    Jewel Clicks

    ReplyDelete
  18. Super cool! xxx

    www.stylentonic.com

    ReplyDelete
  19. Wow. I didn't think it was that easy! Omg thanks Kylie! :) Gotta try this with one of my Mom's scarves ;) haha. Anyway I also really like how you styled your friend! Especially the first 2 outfits. Definitely something I see myself wearing :)

    ReplyDelete
  20. Love the styles especially the first one, perfect for summer and I love the colors. Thanks for the Kimono tutorial, I have an old scarf that I might use for it.

    ReplyDelete

Powered by Blogger.