Loving Me Is Like Chewing On Pearls


I chose to name my blog "The Stylish Bipolar" for a reason. No, I'm not bipolar (although I'm known to suffer from occasional mood swings), but in many ways, my personal style is. Some days you'll find me in ripped skinny jeans and decked out in studded accessories, while on others, you'll see me wearing a mixture of bright, happy colors. Again, this all depends on my mood. Today, for instance, I was feeling a bit proper and decent, so I decided to go for a preppier look.



However, due to the current weather situation here in Manila in which it feels like Mother Nature is trying to fry us all to death, I swapped my usual structured blazer for a flowier alternative -- the cape I designed from a few posts back. (Reminder: this piece, along with other pieces of outerwear that I've designed, will be available in my online shop soon. There's no set date as of now, but feel free to follow my store on Instagram while waiting for further announcement: @TheStyleTaboo)



Pearls and plaid are a must to achieve that preppy look. My personal inspirations behind this particular style are the fictional TV characters Spencer Hastings and Blair Waldorf (from Pretty Little Liars and Gossip Girl, respectively). I've said this before, but watching TV shows can really be inspiring and give you a lot of ideas when it comes to fashion.



CAPE from my as-of-yet unnamed clothing line
CHAMBRAY TOP from COPPER
PLAID PANTS from Thailand








SANDALS from Pill
NECKLACE from Kohl's
WATCH from Chanel
BAG from Accessorize



34 comments:

  1. Really cool! I love the pearls
    Viky

    MySecretPoison || GIVEAWAY! --> Choose your fashion prize!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great pants dear :D

    WWW.PUTRIVALENTINALIM.BLOGSPOT.COM

    ReplyDelete
  3. Grabe ang cool mo talaga! Siguro pag nakasalubong kita sa daan mapapalingon ako ng sobra!!! Hope to see youuu!!

    btw, kinilig ako sa comment mo na you love my outfit that I was wearing on the post-valentine event! haha syempre galing sayo tas ganun! :''>

    ReplyDelete
  4. Pretty cool look, I like the cardigan and shirt!
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the plaid on you and I know what you mean about having bipolar styles! I am the same way !!
    yhttp://www.mybrokeneggshells.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love this Lady Gaga song! ;) Your trousers are sooo cute, they fit you perfectly.

    Tara x

    ReplyDelete
  7. awww.. ganda! you can never go wrong with Pearls as part of accessories. Speaking of cape, akin nalang yan! :D Do you have plans to have other color of it? :) can't wait to see your online shop. Your sandals is cute too! I like it.

    Stay pretty and stylish.

    xx,
    Jewel

    ReplyDelete
  8. Looking effortless but yet so put together, love those layered necklaces! xo

    http://stylesensemoments.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  9. So fresh styling girl! Love pearls with denim! xxx

    www.stylentonic.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. Loved reading this post.
    Would you like to follow each other on GFC, Bloglovin
    & Google+? Lemme know!

    X
    http://subhamrai.blogspot.in/

    ReplyDelete
  11. that is some serious neck swag u have there ! u look so chic in those pants !
    Thanks so much for ur comment on my blog !
    ✿thefashionflite
    ✿twitter
    ✿Bloglovin
    ✿FaceBook

    ReplyDelete
  12. So great look dear!


    New post! http://hiddenndreamms.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. Gondo lang ha! now I know how you come up with your blog name :) you look wondrous as always Kylie! love the styling here, bongga! apir!!!

    love lots,
    Tin

    mypoeticisolation.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. That is such a cute bag! Cant believe it is from Accessorize! Looks super vintage :)
    xoxo

    Novelstyle

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love your plaid pants. The pearls are great. Would love to visit Manila. Kisses from Kenya

    ReplyDelete
  16. Love the chambray top and the layered necklaces are so fab. Thanks for stopping by P&P!

    xo, Bekka
    Palm and Peachtree, A Fashion and Lifestyle Blog
    Instagram | Facebook | Bloglovin


    ReplyDelete
  17. I really really really LOVE this look! :)
    kisses babe
    NewPost
    www.laragazzadellafactory.com

    ReplyDelete
  18. Wow you are soooo fierce! Really love how you pose ;) and this outfit is just top cute! Love your top bag and accessories! :)

    GIRL ABOUT TOWN BLOG
    Join my CHICNOVA GIVEAWAY :)

    ReplyDelete
  19. wow! amazing outfit <3
    love the denim shirt!
    pretty!

    http://takealookatmyclosetbysamantha.blogspot.mx/

    ReplyDelete
  20. Love this post,
    your style is amazing!

    New post on my blog, I’m waiting for your opinion dear!
    BABYWHATSUP.COM

    THIS BRAND IS LOOKING FOR NEW BLOGGERS!


    Get in touch, I’m following you! Facebook | Instagram | Bloglovin |
    Win a trip in Genoa

    ReplyDelete
  21. This is so cute and chic! I love your pants!!

    Kisses

    ♘ www.sugarpopfashion.com ♘

    ReplyDelete
  22. I completely agree with you! My style changes so often that it's so hard to give it title. I think that just makes shopping and getting dressed more fun! I love your unique sense of style :) Thanks for checking out my blog!

    Best,
    Christina

    looksbylau.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  23. In this case I'm bipolar too :-)
    Love this outfit babe
    Baci,
    Coco
    Coco et La vie en rose / Bloglovin / Facebook

    ReplyDelete
  24. I love the tie in the front of that top!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Love this look! The accessories are amazing and I already told you how much I love that cape.

    http://bellapummarola.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  26. Spencer Hastings and Blair Waldorf. Two of my favorite TV characters! I love where you draw your inspirations from Kyle! It is no wonder why this outfit came out gorgeous. Again it was so nice meeting you at Camille's dinner.

    Anne's Scribbles and Doodles

    ReplyDelete
  27. Love the look! It goes on with layers but it looks still okay for the weather. Presko tignan. Love the accessories too!

    ReplyDelete

Powered by Blogger.