How To Wear: DENIM ON DENIM


Before I start this blog post, I just want to notify everyone that my contact details have changed. If you need to reach me (for business or personal reasons) kindly check out the updated information on the Contact Me page in the navigation panel above. Thank you! Now, on to my outfit of the day . . .

I admit that I'm kind of a fashion rebel. I hate so-called "style rules" and I love breaking them to prove that there is no limitation when it comes to fashion. 


It's very refreshing to pair denim on denim. A lot of people think that it's a big no-no, but I disagree. It's all about doing it right. The trick is to choose two separate denim pieces that are slightly different shades. Doing so creates a nice contrast. Experiment with different colors, textures, and fabrics until you find a combination that looks good on you.


DENIM JACKET from H&M
SEQUINED LEOPARD TOP from Topshop
ACID-WASHED JEANS from Hot Topic



I think this is the most "casual" outfit I've ever worn and featured on my blog. You see, I normally stay away from jeans because I have such a strong love affair with leggings (mainly because they make my legs look very slim lol). But since it's summer, I chose comfort over style.




NECKLACE from Chick Flick
J12 WATCH from Chanel
SANDALS from ZARA
SPEEDY 30 BAG from Louis Vuitton
CHIHUAHUA KEYCHAIN from Gucci











29 comments:

  1. I really like denim on denim! Great look! =)

    http://whattostyle.blogspot.com/

    xoxo,
    Jess

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very chic and loving your bag :)

    http://homebaseddiva.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love those jeans! Great look :)
    xoxo

    Novelstyle

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love double and triple denim! 2 shades that are different work the best, you have a great shirt here! I really like your blog! I'm glad that I found it! It would be nice if you could stop by my blog sometime too (I'm from England) as I post my outfits, personal style, likes and much more :) :)

    Raindrops of Sapphire

    ReplyDelete
  5. Denim on denim plus animalier and iconic LV equals to SUPER COOL!
    Baci,
    Coco
    Coco et La vie en rose / Bloglovin / Facebook

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh very cute neckacle! Now I´m following you in bloglovin´
    # 98 I hope your follow me back!
    xx

    I want Invite you to my Giveaway! For win a Dress, Blouse or a Bag~ The winner choose the prize!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Amazing bag! Xx


    http://betweenmyclothes.blogspot.com.es

    ReplyDelete
  8. Amazing look, I totally love your stylish style!

    Viky --- MySecretPoison

    ReplyDelete
  9. Fellow rule-breaker here, and I think you look great in double denim. I'm also digging the sparkle leopard tank top!

    Brittney

    Another Beautiful Thing

    ReplyDelete
  10. Denim on denim is always good idea, you look amazing in this outfit!

    http://crafty-zone.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  11. Very nice denim on denim look! I should try to experiment with it more myself

    Justin
    Walking, Talking Style
    Follow me: Facebook, Bloglovin', Instagram

    ReplyDelete
  12. So beautiful.love the whole look
    Always love your hairstyle
    Keep intouch
    Kisses

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love denim on denim look, so casual but effective! ;) xo

    http://stylesensemoments.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  14. I often read as well that denim on denim is a no-no but like what you said, there are no limits in fashion. I truly believe that. We can always be as creative as we can.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love your new poses! Fierce, girl :)

    Jewel Clicks

    ReplyDelete
  16. You've really proven that there's no such thing as a fixed rule when it comes to fashion! You just have to have the confidence to be able to pull something off! Of course you also gotta know how to do it right, like what you did with these two denim pieces which really complement each other so well :)) I think choosing two different hues of blue really helped put the two pieces well together!

    And anyway, that second photo of you looks gorgeous!! I love your smile! <3 *insert heart eyes emojis everywhere*

    ReplyDelete
  17. Denim on denim is my favorite! I wore it in my very first post on my blog. There is nothing better. Thanks for stopping by Palm and Peachtree!!

    xo, Bekka
    Palm and Peachtree, A Fashion and Lifestyle Blog
    Instagram | Facebook | Bloglovin

    ReplyDelete
  18. Great combination! You look like you're from LA <3



    VISIT MY BLOG - I PREACH FASHION

    ReplyDelete
  19. Your pants and sandals are so cute! And I really like denim shirts even though I mostly combine them with black pants :)
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  20. I have been reading several of your articles and I thought I will leave a Short Reply: Thanks =)

    ReplyDelete
  21. i adore how you try to push boundaries and bend some rules. The oufit is very smart and casual! and you wear pants better than i do huhu <3

    http://yanibonifacio.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  22. Fab look you put together - I am really enjoying the leopard with denim.

    House of Illusions

    ReplyDelete

Powered by Blogger.