SUMMER STYLE SPOTLIGHT: "Out & About"

Hi, everyone! I decided to do something a little different for today's post. Instead of blogging about myself and my OOTD, I wanted to blog about other people this time around.

I'm sure that like me, you all gain fashion inspirations from various things and people such as TV shows, magazines, celebrities, friends, etc. I personally love to "people-watch" when I'm out relaxing at the mall or attending an event, and it's amazing how many new style ideas I can get from others around me.

For this reason, I decided to start a new feature series on my blog called "STYLE SPOTLIGHT: Out & About". Basically, me and the team behind my blog will be going out to various locations around Manila, searching for fashionable locals whose outfits and personal style managed to "wow" us. I will be posting photos of them here and hopefully you all can gain a little inspiration from their outfits that you can incorporate into your wardrobe choices this summer! I will be featuring both women and men, so make sure you're always dressed fashionably whenever you go out because I just might feature YOU next! ;)

I will be doing this feature twice a month, and at the end of each series, you all can vote for your favorite local with the best style and he or she will win a prize courtesy of The Stylish Bipolar.

Without further delay, here is the first batch of fashionable people that me and my team spotted in Alabang Town Center!

1) Justine Marra Marcial


This first girl we spotted is Justine. Her outfit instantly caught my attention because it was casual yet it still looked incredibly classy! It's no secret that the weather here in the Philippines has been scorching this month, so personally I find it hard to create a balance between comfort and style. Justine manages to pull it off perfectly by combining her camouflage blazer with a simple white tank top and distressed denim shorts. By pairing her ensemble with a casual pair of shoes, she managed to create an "effortlessly chic" vibe.




2) Mark Irvin Parilla


All the men out there, take note! It's a common misconception that guys have more limited wardrobe choices than girls. Mark proves this by wearing a simple outfit that still looks very stylish and fresh! The trick, I believe, is to choose something with a bit of print and complementing colors like his tank top. A simple piece with an eye-catching design can go a long way! Pair it with shorts, nice shoes, your favorite sunnies, and cap and you're good to go! Doesn't Mark look perfectly dressed for summer? 




3) Alou Magno


Alou's ensemble is very pleasing to the eye. The black top and blue skirt are already a nice combo, but adding that printed blazer just took her style to the next level. The overall blue & black color scheme is perfect!



4) Louise Faraon


I love Louise's outfit! It's great how she mixed the dainty femininity of her floral dress with the dark glamour of her sequined black cardigan. The result is a great "sweet yet edgy" summer ensemble.



5) Almon Arriola


Almon's outfit seamlessly blends comfort with style. Choosing that printed top with bright colors ensures that her comfortable outfit is anything but boring! The overall sporty feel of her look gives her that "I didn't really put in an effort but still managed to look amazing" vibe. In this heat we've been experiencing lately, Almon's get-up is perfect because it just goes to show that you don't have to give up style for practicality.



What did you guys think of this feature? Did you get any "summer outfit" inspirations from these people? I sure hope you did! Whose look is your favorite? I'd love to know! Stay tuned for the next batch . . .

x






27 comments:

  1. Very nice Kylie ♥. Tnx uli sa frequent visit, mas maganda ka skin noh.. ♥♥♥

    Kisses,
    cassiecadiz.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! doing this kind of post surely takes a lot of time and effort! Way to go Kylie!! keep up the great work sweetie!! :)

    http://michaelmacalos.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oooh, I love this idea! Almon's outfit is my favourite, so laidback but stylish and I like her braid. :)

    Tara x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Aw, this is so cute! I think it is great to feature others from time to time, and it's something I'm definitely trying to do! These are great outfits you've spotted, by the way! xx

    <(') Hoda || JooJoo Azad ~ Free Bird

    ReplyDelete
  5. First of all, you've done such a great job in putting these together! I love the idea of this series and I honestly like all of them, you sure spotted them right. If I have to choose though, I like Justine's, Mark's and Louise's summer outfits so far! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Amiga bom dia looks maravilhoso eu amei os vestidos estão um show.
    Blog: http://arrasandonobatomvermelho.blogspot.com.br

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is such a cool post! I love all of the different looks you found. Can't wait for the next one :)
    Omnivogues

    ReplyDelete
  8. ooohh this feature is one very creative and unique idea! kudos to the team behind this ;)

    http://yanibonifacio.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love finding inspiration in everyday people ;)
    You found some great fashionistas ;) xoxo

    http://stylesensemoments.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  10. Amazing post, all those outfits look awesome, especially the Justine's look!
    Thank you so much for commenting in my blog and for all the kindness too! ♥

    http://whattostyle.blogspot.com/

    xoxo,
    Jess

    ReplyDelete
  11. my favorite look is the first :D i love this shorts :D

    Elizabeth Bailey BLOG

    ReplyDelete
  12. Cool post...wow, you have guts to be able to do that :) I'm so shy that I usually take pictures from a distance, hehe

    - Che

    style-che.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. Amazing post! Xx


    http://betweenmyclothes.blogspot.com.es/

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wow! Galing! Love your first batch of featured outfit. Keep it up! would love to see more of this! :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love these casual, yet chic looks! And thanks for your kind words on my blog :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Great customer service, I exchanged a larger one for my previous one and they were just the bees knees. I purchased this dress as a back up dress for my company's annual holiday party.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Cool post i love the outfit No.1 and 5. Check my new blog post

    http://fabulousisfreedom.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  18. They all look great! My fave is the first one :)
    xoxo

    Novelstyle

    ReplyDelete
  19. this is such a great post! I also get inspiration from others
    My favorite look is Almon's, def something I would wear :)

    floralconstellation.com

    ReplyDelete
  20. I like the last outfit. :) I think we have the same pants from Terranova! ♥

    Jewel Clicks

    ReplyDelete
  21. Such a good idea ..featuring others styles..cool!! thanks for the visit Kylie :)

    http://iamjinjoo-styles.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Powered by Blogger.