SUMMER STYLE SPOTLIGHT: "Out & About", Part II

I'm so overwhelmed with all the positive feedback I have been receiving from you guys regarding the new "Out & About" feature I've developed. I know you're all eager to see the next batch of stylish people that me and my team spotted this week, so even though I was busy today (and still have a busy day ahead, actually), I took a short break from everything just so I could publish the second part of this special series. I hope you all find some sort of inspiration by looking at these photos, which showcase Philippine summer street fashion at its best.



Nothing says "summer" better than a bright flowy dress, a casual sling bag, and a pair of great sunnies. This first look really embodied the essence of the season, don't you think? Always remember that sunglasses are an integral part of any ensemble, especially during the summer! They are not merely practical items, but also fashionable accessories, so always try to match them with whatever you're wearing.



For this second look, I love how the pattern of her dress is really eye-catching in itself, so there was no more need for further accessorizing. This, to me, is very practical because in this summer heat, it's better not to wear too many accessories in order to stay comfortable. Try to choose a one-piece item of clothing with a lot of colors and a nice print, and all you need is a great bag and you're out the door!



As I've said in my last post, male fashion need not be boring! It's very easy to be fashion-forward if you're a guy, and it doesn't even require a lot of effort. Simply choose a top that stands out, like this leopard-print polo shirt!


For a cool and casual vibe, opt for an edgy shirt instead like this skull-printed one. Pair it with shorts, socks, and a great pair of shoes and you're all good! For an extra oomph, add another layer by wearing a plaid long-sleeved button-down, which you can just tie around your waist when the weather gets too hot. And it doesn't hurt to dye your hair pink, either. Try to be daring this summer! ;)


Last, but certainly not least, we have this look by Samantha Cowper. For a fresh and summery look, she chose to wear a simple black top with slightly distressed shorts, and to complete the ensemble, she added a beautiful sheer, flowy kimono, which sort of became her outfit's main standout piece. Just look at the kimono's print and amazing colors! Isn't it great? Kimonos are becoming the latest trend nowadays, and I can see why. They're a good alternative to blazers and cardigans during the summer. In case you're wondering, they're not the kimonos that the traditional Japanese wear. 'Kimono' simply means 'the thing worn', and the current version of the trend is a modern take on the classic kimonos that I'm sure you're all familiar with. Think of it as a sheer cardigan, if you will.


So there you have it! I hope you all enjoyed reading this second "Out & About" feature as much as you did the previous one. My original plan was just to make this a two-part series, but seeing all the positive reactions from all of you got me thinking . . . Should I extend this until the end of the summer? Do you want to see more blog posts featuring stylish Filipinos out and about? Please do let me know by leaving a comment below!

x




24 comments:

  1. Great postdear.
    Love the 1st &2nd look.the floral is so girly
    Keep intouch
    Kisses

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow, amazing street style from Philippine :) I adore the last one outfit :)

    http://crafty-zone.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. too true! you've captured summer street style in the Philippines in just four looks. love these kinds of posts :)

    http://frankiensteins.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cool, love those first two in lovely dresses!!! xo

    http://stylesensemoments.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow! love the segment!!! actually my friends and I used to plan a segmnt like this one for the students in our school before.kaya lng di natuloy hahaha
    Love their pegs thought Kylie!!
    gusto ko lahat! can't wait for another one :)
    and yes, I'll listen to The 1975's Girls soon <3

    love lots,
    Tin

    mypoeticisolation.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. These are some really cool street styles!! I'm so jealous that you have summer going on over there!
    The 2nd and 4th outfit are calling my name haha!

    yhttp://www.mybrokeneggshells.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. OMG! I love the last outfit again! :3 I like her cardigan and corset matchy so comfy :)

    Jewel Clicks

    ReplyDelete
  8. Very fresh looks! xxx

    www.stylentonic.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Awesome post! I really like that second dress and also the last outfit! =)

    http://whattostyle.blogspot.com/

    xoxo,
    Jess

    ReplyDelete
  10. love all the outfits! x

    http://only4feet9.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. Amazing style and love how you style and pair it up together. x

    http://birdiethgirl.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. I see a future Sartorialist in the making. Seriously, these pics are so good---especially the men's fashion. Those two boys make other street style stars feel shameful.

    Brittney

    Another Beautiful Thing

    ReplyDelete
  13. Samantha's outfits stands out...cool! :)
    It would be better if you're to continue the series of your "Out and About" ..good idea,..


    http://iamjinjoo-styles.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. Great post!!! I love the first dress....so beautiful!
    xoxo

    Novelstyle

    ReplyDelete
  15. Nice post ! :)

    http://hanaylena.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

Powered by Blogger.