Studs & Skulls


The cold weather is pretty much gone, which means summer's pretty much here. The unbearable heat here in the Philippines tells me that it's time to say goodbye to my favorite style essentials: blazers, jackets, and boots. Come to think of it, I don't think I've ever blogged an OOTD yet where I'm not wearing something with long sleeves. Well, I'm about to break that tradition. Read on.





This is my first time in a long time where I'm wearing a sleeveless top with nothing to cover up my arms. Usually (as you may very well know) I'd pair this chambray top with a cardigan or blazer, but I was afraid I would die of heat stroke LOL. To tell you the truth, I'm a bit insecure about my shoulders and arms, but I'm trying to be more comfortable in my own skin.




My outfit today has a bit of an edgy vibe, don't you think? I guess you could blame the rocker in me. I named my blog "The Stylish Bipolar" for a reason - just like my life and its ups & downs, my style also undergoes major changes depending on my mood. One day I'd be all dolled up in a preppy outfit with a structured blazer, perfect hair, and layers of pearls (this is the side of me that strives for perfection) and the next I'd be wearing ripped jeans and skull prints (this is my rebellious side).





I've always had a strange obsession with skull prints. I don't really know why. I find them really cute and I love how they add a touch of punk to any ensemble. I tend to wear them in small doses, though, like this black scarf I have on. 




SLEEVELESS CHAMBRAY TOP from Copper
SKULL-PRINTED SCARF from Thailand
RIPPED SKINNY JEANS from Forever 21


STUDDED CLUTCH from Aldo
SNAKESKIN SANDALS from Aldo

Incidentally, does anyone know where I can buy a pair of ultra ripped/distressed skinny jeans here in the Philippines? Like the ones where they almost look like you don't have any pants on (if that makes any sense). I used to see them being sold almost everywhere when I was still living in Thailand but I can't seem to find any here. Oh well . . . I'll keep hunting!

In the meantime, let me know what you guys think of this outfit!

x



28 comments:

  1. I love your scarf Kylie! I think this is my first time that ive seen you wearing a tone down outfit but still manages to pull off an edgy look.

    sarahrizaga.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I used to shy away from wearing sleeveless tops but I don't really care about it now & like you, I'm getting more comfortable in my own skin day by day. You totally rock it with the edgy look! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes you're right. I can really feel that summer is almost here. To be honest I already miss the sweater weather :(

    Anyway, it must be the skull scarf and the ripped jeans that gave the edgy vibe! Super love the outfit and you look great! What's there to be insecure about? :)

    Have a nice day! xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the outfit girl! Very rock chic!! ;)

    XO, Pam from Style Escapades

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love that scarf! You look great.

    I'm really envying your weather...! x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the edginess if this look, I'm looking for pants like that also! XO

    http://stylesensemoments.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  7. Cool ripped jeans, also like that necklace! =)

    http://whattostyle.blogspot.com/

    xoxo,
    Jess

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love those skull print ♥ really suit you

    theanotherpartofme.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. was about to say that your pants are so kendall jenner and then i saw that your name was kylie - like her sisters name lol :D anywayz i like your pants a lot! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love love your scarf! Your featured photo is so gorgeous, perfect for magazine shoot! I remember I have skull printed bag when I was in HS.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful! (: wanna follow each other? Let me know x

    http://drownedinfashiondreams.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow this outfit is something I would totally wear! I love these perfectly ripped pants and that scarf adds the perfect to this grunge chic look ;)

    GIRL ABOUT TOWN BLOG
    LIKE MY BLOG ON FACEBOOK :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. love scarf,ripped jeans and your sandals! nice nice look
    I posted a new article, I'd love to know your opinion
    would you like to pass from my blog?
    tr3ndygirl.com
    kiss

    ReplyDelete
  14. Great style, I love your scarf, skulls are so cute!!!

    Viky --- MySecretFashionPoison

    ReplyDelete
  15. You look so chic and I love the edgy style on you! ohh you are lucky for warmer weather! I'm still wearing layers of clothes just to keep myself from catching a cold outside!
    Your arms and shoulders look great by the way! You don't have to be uncomfortable because you are rocking the sleeveless look =)
    http://www.mybrokeneggshells.com

    ReplyDelete
  16. Lovely style love how you combine it all together to create this really nice serene look (: x

    http://birdiethgirl.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  17. Cute outfit - very edgy and classy! I really like your scarf - it reminds me of Alexander McQueen's scarves! And ahh those ripped jeans are perfect! You look gorgeous :]

    xo Deborah
    Coffee, Prose, and Pretty Clothes

    ReplyDelete
  18. love the pairing of the sleeveless top and necklace :)

    http://www.lavinajampit.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  19. cute outfit, love your scarf <3

    http://pinktearydream.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  20. Love ur scarf and sandals! Great outfit!

    xoxo

    Novelstyle

    ReplyDelete
  21. I love that scarf! great styling of the distressed denim.

    Thanks for dropping by my blog. Have a great day.

    ~ Seepz
    Savoir Style

    ReplyDelete
  22. You look so amazing with a sleeveless top, so fabulous with that outfit! I love the skull scarf, reminds me of Alexander McQueen. :)

    Take care always, love Christine ~ xo
    www.chriissydollxo.com

    GOLD MONOGRAM NECKLACE INTERNATIONAL GIVEAWAY

    ReplyDelete
  23. Wow! that scraf is a must have Kylie!!! love it!!!!!!! reminds me of McQueen ehehe

    love lots,
    Tin

    mypoeticisolation.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Powered by Blogger.