Shredded Thoughts & Make-Up Won't Make Up For The Missing Piece



Blue and yellow - I always love combining these two bright colors together because there's something very radiant and warm about them. Lately the weather here in the Philippines has been a bit cold and windy, and even though I welcome the cooler temperature, sometimes it can feel kind of depressing when there's not much sunshine. That's why I opted to wear these two colors, blue and yellow. They are very pleasing to the eye and exude a little bit of a happier vibe.



CHAMBRAY TOP from Copper
YELLOW CARDIGAN from Thailand
RIPPED JEANS from Hot Topic
STUDDED HAT from Claire's
STUDDED GLADIATOR SANDALS from Steve Madden
STUDDED CLUTCH from Aldo

Also, it's midterms week for me and I am absolutely dying! I still have 3 exams to go and I'm already mentally and physically exhausted. Putting on a bright outfit was my failed attempt at lifting my spirits a little. 



PEARL 'RIRI' SUNGLASSES from Sunnies By Charlie
ORANGE COLLIER DE CHIEN from Hermes
WHITE J12 WATCH from Chanel

What I've noticed about people here in the Philippines is that most of them are afraid to experiment and combine bold colors and prints together. I've said it before and I'll say it again: Fashion is supposed to be bright, bold, and fearless!

Don't be afraid to mix and match colors and prints. If you don't know where to start, here are a few color combos that you can try out: blue+yellow, blue+green, yellow+green, pink+yellow, orange+blue, purple+yellow, red+yellow . . . .

The trick is to keep the rest of your outfit neutral. Say, for example, if you were wearing a yellow top with a purple blazer, then keep the rest of your ensemble neutral by choosing blacks, greys, or nudes. This is called color-blocking :)



When it comes to mixing prints, the best way to see what works and what doesn't is to try them out. Trust me, I've seen people wearing two different prints that I would never would have thought would look good together but actually do. The key is to choose one print with large patterns and another print with smaller patterns. Maybe I'll do a blog post later on dedicated solely to mixing and matching prints.




Since my outfit was quite simple today, I relied on the power of accessories to take my look to the next level. And for me, that meant piling on studs, studs, studs! If you've been reading my blog for a while now, you'd know that I am an absolute freak when it comes to studs lol :)


Let me know what you guys think of this casual outfit!

xo


26 comments:

  1. The shredded denim is perfect. I love it so much, it gives a rockstar looks which is my kinda taste. And cute watch :)
    Regards
    Patchoulii-Flog

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the outfit and the yellow cover-up! Every time I see yellow clothes, they remind me of summer :) Btw, good luck on your exams :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Summer Aura.. love the bright yellow plus! the sunnies. Sometimes I want to d.i.y one. ;)

    Cassie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the mix of blue and yellow. You look amazing in it. Bright colors always brighten the day.

    http://thinkworkandgo.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your jeans! And love how bold you are with your colors!!! XO

    http://stylesensemoments.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  6. Perfect color combination! The jeans and yellow cardigan look great together!

    jointyicroissanty.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. love the title, the color looks so well blended with the neutrals.
    Thanks so much for ur comment on my blog !
    ✿thefashionflite
    ✿twitter
    ✿Bloglovin
    ✿FaceBook

    ReplyDelete
  8. I have a big heart for anything yellow. Lovely look Kylie and that sunnies is <3

    sarahrizaga.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thank you so much for your lovely comment on my blog, Kyle! :) I love how bright yet edgy this outfit is! Like you, I'm quite obsessed with studs too!<3

    Xo,
    LABELS AND LATTES

    ReplyDelete
  10. Cool outfit!! I love the yellow and blue color combo. I'm one of those who are scared to experiment with bold colors, hehe. But in all honesty, I just use whatever's in my closet at the moment. Yesterday I wore 2 different prints at work, stripes and checkered! I didn't care though, haha. I just had nothing to wear. Can't wait for your post about prints :)

    REAlity Bites

    ReplyDelete
  11. Fabulous outfit! I really love those pants, I bet they look amazing with anything. :) And love the sunnies too, they don't look good on me but you definitely rock them! :)

    Take care always, love Christine ~ xo
    Chriissydollxo Blog | BlogLovin'

    ReplyDelete
  12. you look very nice,love the yellow blazer!
    I posted a new article, I'd love to know your opinion
    would you like to pass from my blog?
    tr3ndygirl.com
    kiss

    ReplyDelete
  13. Lovely outfit!!! Xx




    New post: http://betweenmyclothes.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. Blue and yellow is one of my favorite combinations because my university's colors are navy and gold. <3 I thought that people from the Philippines wore a lot of colors and were very fearless in fashion but that may have been the influence of some of my friends? Keep on piling on the studs! They're really cute. :) Good luck with your exams and I hope you did well/are doing well with them.

    Sincerely, Christine from Invisible Blush

    ReplyDelete
  15. You look gorgerous babe (: x

    http://birdiethgirl.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  16. Love the edge that the sunnies and hat add to the outfit! You look great.


    Love from India,
    www.fashioncandy.me

    ReplyDelete
  17. hey amazing dresses and the pictures are also very good
    i have used Zovi discounts from grabon they are very nice

    ReplyDelete
  18. Perfect Match and colour combination,very nice....

    ReplyDelete
  19. you are planning to wish your better half thenhappy anniversary wishes quotes and message read and enjoy

    ReplyDelete
  20. Everyone is born beautiful, but looking attractive is not everyone's cup of tea. Just look at these beautiful Lipstick Colors For Dark Skin and enhance your personality like never before.

    ReplyDelete

Powered by Blogger.