Living In Ruins Of The Palace Within My Dreams


Mixing and matching different prints is something that a lot of people are afraid to try. But the truth is, it's easy to pull it off if you know how to do it right.

The trick is to mix two completely different prints of different sizes. Take my oufit today, for instance. The plaid pattern of my top is in complete contrast to the black & white houndstooth print of my leggings. 




If you're combining two different prints together (or in my case, three if you count the shoes), simply add one standout piece of clothing in a solid and neutral color, like my blue chambray.

Doing this will pull together the entire look and tone down the clashing patterns by creating a necessary balance to the whole ensemble.


CHAMBRAY JACKET from H&M
RED PLAID BUTTON-DOWN from Thailand
HOUNDSTOOTH LEGGINGS from Pop Culture
LEOPARD OXFORDS from Sewn
CLUTCH from Accessorize



To be honest, I've actually had this red plaid button-down for the longest time (I think I bought it around 6 years ago) but never wore it until now. I just didn't feel like it was my style, but I felt challenged to find a way to make it work somehow. What do you think of this look? I know it's not something I would typically wear but I'm happy I'm trying out new things. As a fashion blogger I feel like it's my duty now to become a style chameleon.




NECKLACE from Accessorize
ARTY RING from YSL
WHITE J12 WATCH from Chanel


On another note, I just had a haircut after I took these outfit shots. It was supposed to be just a "slight trim" but my hairstylist was being a little too enthusiastic with his scissors. Now my hair is a bit shorter than I want it to be, but whatever. I'll find a way to work it one way or another. Stay tuned for my next post :)

x






19 comments:

  1. Great mix of prints, love that chambray shirt over the shirt ;)
    Can't wait to see your new hairstyle!!! XO

    http://stylesensemoments.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aww, love the prints, seems like you can really pull them off while I can't! Hehe. But thank you for the tips, I could sure use them someday. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your leggings<3 so cute!
    http://www.princesskonakei.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. love it when you mix mix stuff and look great in it :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your style, you have a good sense of fashion! Great mix!

    Viky --- MySecretFashionPoison

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such a stylish leggings! I like the combination of patterns! Great look!

    jointyicroissanty.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. That necklace is amazing! Have a great weekend! =)

    http://whattostyle.blogspot.com/

    xoxo,
    Jess

    ReplyDelete
  8. You look incredible and stunning!! Xx

    New post: http://betweenmyclothes.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Looking good! Love the prints!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow I really love your style! First, I just love how you paired plaid with denim. Second, those pants!! Too cute <3 lastly, the accessories go really well with this outfit! Totally brightens it up :) great job

    GIRL ABOUT TOWN BLOG
    LIKE MY BLOG ON FACEBOOK :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love the leggings! Hello dear! I really like your blog! I'm a new follower on bloglovin and I'd love it if you followed back :) looking forward to your futur posts!
    http://steph-g.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  12. very nice mix and match look,love the pants
    I posted a new article, I'd love to know your opinion
    would you like to pass from my blog?
    tr3ndygirl.com
    kiss

    ReplyDelete
  13. Beautiful print combination! Great look :D
    xoxo

    Novelstyle

    ReplyDelete
  14. the combination works on you!

    new giveaway on my blog :)
    http://only4feet9.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  15. Awww.. I hate/love you.. you mix those different prints perfectly!! I can't do that..! envy me.. teehee <3 Thanks for always visiting my blog!

    Kisses,
    Cassie

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love how you mix and match outfits! <3 I love plaids and prints but I'm afraid I can't put them together , which you can. You're my reference :D

    ReplyDelete
  17. I love the prints! Hope you can visit our blog! <3

    -Didi (http://francesandflair.blogspot.com/)

    ReplyDelete

Powered by Blogger.