Sometimes I Still Find Pieces Of You In The Back Of My Mind


To say that the past week has been hell for me is a bit of an understatement. There were so many negative things going on in my life that were slowly tearing me down, bit by bit. It came to the point where I honestly felt like I was going to have a meltdown. Luckily, though, I found out that I'm a lot stronger than I thought I was, and I managed to survive everything unscathed (or at the very least, with my smile still intact).



However, when life gets tough, it's only a matter of time before things start going well again. Nothing is permanenet, not even sadness. That's one of the things I learned from Perks Of Being A Wallflower.




I picked myself up, fought back at all the negativity, and defended myself. I don't need a man in shining armor to save me from my distress. I'm perfectly capable of fighting my own battles, thank you very much.


SEQUINED CAMO TOP from Charlotte Russe
JACKET from 7 Confessions
WHITE SKINNY JEANS from MBK
RED VELVET SHOES from The Shoe Lounge
VERNIS ALMA GM BAG from Louis Vuitton
HAT from Claire's




So I threw on a good outfit, put on a smile, and spent time with two of the best people in the world: my best friends, Mariel and Tania. It was perfect timing, too, because they were visiting the Philippines from Thailand. In case you didn't know, I actually spent almost 8 years of my life in Thailand, and it has been really hard on me to be away from my friends when my dad (who was an Ambassador at the time) was finally recalled back to the Philippines. I'm happy though that the distance between me and my friends hasn't affected our friendship at all in any way. We're just a close as we've always been.



So what do you all think about this outfit? It's quite "military chic" because of the camo print on my sequined top. I'm so happy I finally got to wear this jacket which I bought almost a month ago! Isn't it fabulous? I love that it's very minimalistic with its black & grey color palette yet it has some very interesting accents/details because of the mix of leather and fabric. I just love the leather of this one because it's so soft and comfortable! The overall design of the blazer is a bit flowy which makes it versatile. You can dress it up or down depending on what you pair it with and what accessories you use. As for me, I opted for a more sophisticated look while still keeping it very edgy with the use of several studded adornments.





GOLD SPIKED BRACELET from Dubai
SILVER STUDDED BRACELET from Dubai
BLACK CLIC CLAC BANGLE from Hermes
GOLD & BROWN STUDDED LEATHER BRACELET from Thailand
WATCH from Cerruti
NECKLACE from Apostrophe 

It turns out that spending time with my two best friends was exactly what I needed. My classmates in college are a lot younger than me (17-18 years old), and so it can be quite difficult relating to them. I'm 23 now, and I really need to spend more time with people closer to my age. Don't get me wrong, I absolutely love my college friends, but there are times when I get sucked into the "teen" drama and I end up forgetting that I'm supposed to be more mature than them. Spending the day with my friends from Thailand who are the same age as me was very helpful. It really reminded me that some of the problems I've been having at school are quite childish and petty, and it put everything back into perspective. Now I'm a lot happier with myself again, and I've learned that it's better to leave the childish drama to the children ;) 




I hope you all had a better week than I did! As usual, I would love to hear your thoughts on this outfit so leave a comment below.

xo




32 comments:

  1. Love this look, you are so stylish! Great idea a touch of red ;-)

    Viky --- MySecretFashionPoison

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute look! I love your jacket and the necklace is so pretty! Love your style, following you now on bloglovin :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your style! The red bag is awesome!
    xoxo
    http://www.milanotime.net

    ReplyDelete
  4. gorgeous red bag

    http://livelifeamour.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Jacket makes the outfit looking fierce, I love that, and your accessories are gorgeous!!! XO

    http://stylesensemoments.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  6. that pop of red is perfect!!!! gorgeous bag!

    Animated Confessions

    ReplyDelete
  7. ✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿
    Awasome blog. I love your style :*
    I’m waiting for your next post <3

    I’ve got very big pleasure- Can you click on the banner Sheinside on my blog?
    I’ll replay by follow :)

    http://kate-and-her-world.blogspot.com/
    ✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love love love your outfit here Kyle! You look so elegant. Ohh I would love to read that book too! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love your bag Kylie! so eye-catching!

    Ongoing giveaway here: Blossoming Wallflower

    ReplyDelete
  10. Amazing bag! Xx


    New post: http://betweenmyclothes.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. love your bijoux,bag and flat! gorgeous look
    I posted a new article, I'd love to know your opinion
    would you like to pass from my blog?
    tr3ndygirl.com
    kiss

    ReplyDelete
  12. Your bag is so pretty (: love the deep dark red shade of color! x

    http://birdiethgirl.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love this military chic look on you!! You look elegant and hard core at the same time hehe. I'm glad you got to see your friends =)

    http://www.mybrokeneggshells.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love the look, especially the accessories! Glad to hear you're feeling better now :)

    ravenmaidenmaven.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  15. Gorgeous outfit, I love jacket and necklace!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Lovely look. I really live the necklace!
    Alessia
    New Post
    THECHILICOOL
    FACEBOOK
    Kiss

    ReplyDelete
  17. This is a lovely look I love the white skinnies and the way you styled them! And that Lou V bag girll is just gorgeous lovely post doll! And thanks for the lovely comment you left on my blog xo

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p1JPKLa-Ofc&app=desktop

    ReplyDelete
  18. As the song goes, what doesn't kill you makes you stronger. Just be strong and think of positive things!


    Thirdbite | style blog

    ReplyDelete
  19. Guuuurl. I love this whole look you put together! Those accessories (esp the statement necklace omgosh) are to die for! <3

    ReplyDelete
  20. great outfit! Happy weekend. :)




    xoxo;
    Glitter DailyBeauty Blog

    FOLLOW GLITTER DAILY ON: Facebook and Bloglovin

    ReplyDelete
  21. I absolutely love the jacket! I think that's the kind that I can use everyday. I'm a jacket/blazer type since it can really get cold at work and I want to still look stylish even with a jacket on. Glad to know you've faced the negative things with a smile and you've moved forward! Whenever I think of teen drama I had previously, I can't help but cringe and laugh at myself! LOL. Been wanting to visit Thailand for the longest time, my friends are fans of Mario Maurer! Hehe

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Rea! I also love jackets/blazers since they can add a touch of sophistication to any outfit.

      And it's funny that you mentioned Mario. He's actually a friend of mine from our high school days. We didn't go to the same school but we were part of the same society of friends (plus, everyone in Bangkok practically knew each other lol). I was surprised nga eh when I came back to the Philippines and found out he was such a "big thing" here haha

      Delete
  22. OMG! I like this look! red bag w/ a black outfit and cool accessories! I like you na talaga(not kidding ha! heheh)! :D

    http://www.lavinajampit.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  23. Love this look! I'm so glad you're not letting the negativity bring you down! :)

    xo Megan, Lush to Blush

    ReplyDelete
  24. I love your accessories here Kylie!! studs to the highest level! ♥ ♥

    http://michaelmacalos.com

    ReplyDelete
  25. You look so hot with that jacket! I'm loving your model poses. :) Always keep your head up and don't let the negativity bring you down because we both know you're a very strong girl. <3

    Take care always, love Christine ~ xo
    Chriissydollxo Blog | BlogLovin'

    ReplyDelete
  26. I love your accessories x You look fab btw <3 I love your blog. Keep blogging you deserve more views.
    Please also check out my blog http://kimaitabar.blogspot.co.nz/. have a nice day

    ReplyDelete

Powered by Blogger.