The Purple Syndrome


Today I'm going to talk about one of the more controversial shades when it comes to makeup -- The Purple Lipstick.

This seems to be one of those things that people either love or hate, so today I want all of your opinions regarding this trend.


I've seen a lot of models and celebrities rocking purple lips and I personally have always thought it looked cool. Purple lipstick looks quirky, daring, and a little avant garde. 


But is purple lipstick better suited for the runways and high fashion magazines? To be honest, my immediate answer to this question was going to be "yes". However, I remembered that I started this blog to show and prove to people that there are no rules when it comes to fashion, and that you can make anything work if you try. So what better way to put my idea to the test than by buying myself a purple lipstick (or two) and trying it out for myself? I ended up buying these lip tints from EXCEL Paris, two of which are purple (one dark and one light).


Here are some photos of me wearing the lighter shade (second one from the left in the above photo).


What do you think? Personally, I feel like I can make it work. I think one of the most common "problems" that people face when it comes to purple lipstick is that oftentimes it can make you look like you're dying from hypothermia lol.

Because of this, I came up with some simple solutions to avoid suffering from this dilemma.


1) Add color to your face using a little bit of bronzer. The goal here is to look a bit tan and avoid looking pale as much as possible to avoid having that "Corpse Bride" look.

2) Sweep a small amount of blush onto your cheeks just to give yourself that "flushed" aura and a livelier vibe.

3) Choose the right shade of purple. If you have a tan complexion like I do, choose a brighter and lighter shade, whereas if you have a paler skin tone, go for a darker purple. Doing this creates contrast and prevent you from having that dull look.



So now, ask me that question again. Is purple lipstick strictly for magazines and fashion shows? My answer is "NO".

Like I said, you can wear anything you want (be it clothes, accessories, makeup, etc.) and make it work as long as you tailor it to suit your style and your personal look. Of course, confidence is a must! I know that's a very typical thing to say, but it really is true. When you're confident, you can make anything look fierce.

How about you? What do you think of purple lipstick? Yay or nay? Do you think it looks okay on me? Don't worry, you can tell me the truth. I always appreciate honest feedback! Cast your vote in the poll below:

PURPLE LIPSTICK -- Yay or Nay?
  

*Fashion tip: Purple lipstick will look especially nice when combined with edgier outfits.

x



27 comments:

  1. I've never tried it honestly! I'm sure you will have many occasions to wear it!
    Baci,
    Coco
    Coco et La vie en rose / Bloglovin / Facebook

    ReplyDelete
  2. It looks stunning on you.i think its time i tried it too
    Cheers

    ReplyDelete
  3. love this color,very beautiful
    would you like to pass from my blog?
    NEW POST http://tr3ndygirl.com
    kiss

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wowwww
    Amazing shade.
    It looks awesome on you
    Kisses
    Maggie D.
    The Indian Savage diary

    ReplyDelete
  5. Genuinely, I think it looks good on you. Especially with your totally rockin' personality as I've always seen from your style! You can pull it off nicely!

    besos,
    M
    http://theflowerduet.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Unfortunately, none of us is used to seeing color like that on our lips, so I guess it's why people say it's only for magazines and runway.
    My opinion- love it. As I have dark hair, dark eyes, and not so pale but sunkissed skin, I would go for it !

    If you want to follow each other, just let me know!

    fashion-babel.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. I also don't think that I will be experimenting with purple colour lipstick. I guess I'm traditional that way. Thank you for your comments on my blog, by the way!

    xxx MODEmoiselle on Bloglovin.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I think it's amazing! I wish I could pull off purple.

    Tara x

    ReplyDelete
  9. I don't think I could ever pull off purple lips, but you definitely can! Love the bold lips on you Kylie :)

    Take care always, love Christine ~ xx
    BLOG | BLOGLOVIN' | TWITTER | FACEBOOK

    ReplyDelete
  10. Purple lipstick actually suits you! :) I personally don't and won't use it though because I don't usually go for other colors, not even pink. LOL. I only wear read. I know, I'm a bit boring like that. Haha but that's the only color that works for me in my day to day life. I guess if I'm in a party where I need to dress up, I'd wear pink or purple if need be. But I totally don't have any beef on people who want purple. :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. I voted for 'i think you're better off with other shades'. Not that i consider it to be ugly, but i simply think other shades are better!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I think that purple lipstick is great idea and this shade suits to you a lot, but personally, I feel better in brown / red / wine shades, maybe because of that I'm not as tan as you do :)

    http://crafty-zone.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  13. I like a little purple shadow round my lids once in a while, but purple lips would take a little consideration :) It does match your cool personality tho!

    - Che

    style-che.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. I'm all about experimenting with make up, I love everything about it, so yay to purple!!! xo
    http://stylesensemoments.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  15. I don't have purple lipstick, but I think I should give this a try too! :D

    xx,
    Jewel
    www.jewelclicks.com

    ReplyDelete
  16. I ADORE purple lipstick and have wanted to don it for some time, now. I truly need to do it! Love the pics--fab! :) T. http://tickledpinkwoman.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  17. I haven't tried purple lippies though, I really want to have one, like the Mac Lorde shade. ;) sana tnry mo ung mas darker... ;p

    love,
    Cassie Thriftier

    ReplyDelete
  18. OMG I love it!
    It look amazing on you babe
    Kisses and Happy Monday
    Maggie D.
    The Indian Savage Diary Fashion blog

    ReplyDelete
  19. i LOVE this post kylie! lold at the hypothermia reference.
    a blogger friend recently gave me lip paints in these colors and i really want to use it. but yun nga i was afraid that ill look silly with it. im taking in your advices btw they were all really helpful. you should do beauty posts more often!

    ReplyDelete
  20. I'm currently loving purple makeups especially lippies. It also started with lorde heheh love her lippie on her photos :) Thanks for the tips! really helpful. I laughed at that hypothermia thing :))

    ReplyDelete
  21. The shade of that purple lippie looks so gorgeous on you. Plus, it's not glossy. Matte is better. :-)

    ReplyDelete

Powered by Blogger.