Maybe We Can Find New Ways To Fall Apart


If there's one thing I'm conscious of when it comes to my body, it's probably my hair. Before I start talking about my OOTD, let me tell you all about the tragic tale surrounding my new haircut. You see, I am very meticulous when it comes to caring for my hair. I shampoo and condition it regularly, and I always make sure to apply deep nourishing treatments every week because I use a hair straightener every single day. I can go out without makeup, or without wearing nice clothes . . . But God forbid that I go out without perfectly styled hair lol.

While I've been quite happy with my hairstyle recently, I also decided that I needed a change. I used to love experimenting with my hair -- I've shaved off one entire side of my head when Rihanna made the undercut popular, I've cut my hair into a sleek, short bob when Victoria Beckham was all the rage, and I've dyed my hair blonde, brown, red, jet black, and even an ashy green color before. Not to mention the fact that I did all of that without a second's hesitation because I loved shocking people everytime I changed up my look.

Now, however, everything's changed.


When I went to the salon a few days ago, I was scared. I didn't even know what I was afraid of to tell you the truth. I just didn't want to change my hairstyle because I've really grown accustomed to it. 

I even had a mini meltdown in front of my friends prior to getting my hair cut. Call me vain, but I was terrified that I wouldn't look good anymore with shorter hair. I know that's kind of strange for me to think, since I've spent about two years before with a short asymmetrical bob when I lived in Thailand and California, but I guess ever since I let my hair grow to almost shoulder-length, I kind of got used to the length.

To make a long story short, I ended up crying (yes, crying) before going to the salon and my friends all waited patiently as they talked me into going through with the haircut. 



Thirty minutes later, I emerged from the salon with a drastically shorter 'do, and now I look like this. What do you guys think? You can be honest with me. I'd love to hear your thoughts on this! Personally, I am still in mourning for all my lost hair, but I've never been one to be insecure so I'm okay with it now. I mean, I'd like to think that I can rock absolutely anything, and that includes short hair. 



Now, let's move on to my outfit! I'm sure you're well aware of the fact that I love mixing and matching colors and prints. In fact, it's something I always encourage people to do because I hate people who are boring when it comes to fashion. Seriously, when someone tells me that the only thing they can think of pairing with leopard-print leggings is a black top, I get extremely annoyed. Be a little more open-minded, people! Think ouside the box

Green and red are two colors that always compliment each other well. Someone told me that I might look like a Christmas tree if I wear this color combination, and you all know how I love to prove people wrong. I paired my green blazer and red jeans with my gold Converse, which some might say would add to the Christmas feel, but go on . . . Look at me. Do I look like a Christmas tree to you? I don't think so, darling. I think I look quite cool.



GREEN BLAZER from Korea
STRIPED TOP from People Are People
RED JEANS from Chick Flick
SHOES from Converse
BAG from TLTSN

29 comments:

  1. such a nice outfit *_*

    xx
    beauthi.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. You know I always love your hair Kylie! It's really one of your many assets. It's amazing how knowing all they've been through they still look shiny and vibrant. I feel you because earlier this year I cut I guess 5-6 inches of my long hair. Felt bad about it but I need to do it because I felt like I damaged it because of my ombre colors :( got no choice but to cut it.Anyway, you have nothing to worry about because you still look gorgeous even with your new hair style. So cheer up dear! <3


    love lots,
    Tin

    mypoeticisolation.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. hmm i think i like it longer on you but this haircut is still really nice tho. ala posh spice plus it makes you look younger :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. lovely color block look! super fab always
    http://tr3ndygirl.com
    kiss

    ReplyDelete
  5. fantastic outfits!!! :)

    kiss

    sivi

    ReplyDelete
  6. I never cut my hair more than a couple inches at a time (as you can probably tell), so I don't have your problems :D I really like your new hairdo, it looks modern, but also very feminine.

    http://bellapummarola.blogspot.it

    ReplyDelete
  7. Loving all the colors of the outfit especially those shoes!
    Love your hair! I was also thinking of doing something with mine! xo

    http://stylesensemoments.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  8. Nice as always dear! Xx



    http://betweenmyclothes.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love the colors. Your blazer is lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your look is amazing.
    http://a-mylifestyle.blogspot.fr

    ReplyDelete
  11. I think that you're new hairstyle is great, you look so cute! And I love your blazer, it has amazing shade <3

    http://crafty-zone.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  12. I think your new haircut looks amazing on you :) I can relate to you on this though. I've been pretty crazy with my hair, had it short, long, red, brown, blue, curly and straight and so on, but a couple of months ago I wanted to get the ombre style and I hesitated too!!! I don't know why I was so scared but now I'm happy with it and you should be happy with your new look too because it looks amazing! Great outfit too, love the gold sneakers! have a great weekend.
    XOXO

    Milu
    www.hellolupi.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. Bold stripes with bright colours are a winning combo. Again super cool Kylie!
    Baci,
    Coco
    Coco et La vie en rose / Bloglovin / Facebook

    ReplyDelete
  14. These colors are so much fun! I really love how bright they are!!
    I have a thing about my hair too! I cannot have them cut too much at once or else I will freak out! Your hair looks really nice though and I think it turned out great!

    http://www.mybrokeneggshells.com

    ReplyDelete
  15. The colour of the jacket looks great on you!



    www.style-chameleon.com

    WIN A €190 PROUD JACKET ON MY BLOG

    ReplyDelete
  16. Love everything in this outfit! The clutch is amazing!

    Instagram|RococoStyle.com|Bloglovin'

    ReplyDelete
  17. I love everything in this outfit! The clutch is amazing!

    Instagram|RococoStyle.com|Bloglovin'

    ReplyDelete
  18. cool outfit girl!! nice mix of colors ♥

    ROUGH & TOUGH☯ | I`m on Bloglovin!

    ReplyDelete
  19. I was the same way before I decided to get a bob as well. I don't think I looked half as good as you though; my face shape is just not cut out for short hair. You, on the other hand, can really rock that deep side part and bangs.

    Another Beautiful Thing

    ReplyDelete
  20. Love love love the sneakers! Nice piece!
    xx cvety
    cvetybaby.com
    Instagram Facebook

    ReplyDelete
  21. Love this! So bright and fun!

    Heidi D.
    www.wishesandreality.com

    ReplyDelete
  22. Love your outfit! about the hairstyle, it looks good naman, don't be sad :) Bagay! I'm actually thinking of cutting my hair short again din kaso nanghihinayang ako sa length plush I want to grow my hair longer this year :)

    ReplyDelete

Powered by Blogger.