OOTD: Lucky for you, that's what I like.


The trend of ironing on patches to your clothing (particularly denim pieces) was the height of cool in the early 90's, and last year this fashion statement made a huge comeback among the young crowd. Before I knew it, people were wearing denim jackets and t-shirts decorated with several patches and pins. The appeal is quite obvious -- wearing patches of your choice on your clothes is a hip way to express your likes, interests, and style individuality. Plus, it's a throwback to an earlier and cooler decade, so what's not to love?

I waited for the trend to die down a bit before I decided to finally wear this pullover from Jukaykay that I bought a while back. I typically don't like wearing the same things that 9 out of 10 are also wearing so I refrain from succumbing to a particular trend when it's still at its peak. Not that there's anything wrong with jumping on the bandwagon though. It's just a personality thing of mine.


Top: JUKAYKAY
Jeans: HOT TOPIC
Choker: APOSTROPHE
Sneakers: CALL IT SPRING
Bag: PARISIAN



16 comments:

  1. That's a very cool look and I especially like your top. I have a grey shirt with bunch of patches too but I bought it in SM Department Store. Where is Jukaykay?

    STYLE VANITY

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a cute top! And did the title come form Bruno Mars? Because I can not get enough of that song :p

    Enclothed Cognition

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your top so much! Patches are kind of my thing x

    Jessica — NinetyCo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love it. Please check out my new winter trend alert!

    Kisses xo | From Aliona With Love

    Instagram @alionawithlove

    Twitter @alionawithlove

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your style!

    Kisses, DadieB. ~
    http://dadiebradshaw.com/kenzoxhm/

    ReplyDelete
  6. The embroidered/iron-on patches trend are really cute and chic. Love the whole look and your sweet smile!

    Madame X
    The Flower Duet

    ReplyDelete
  7. Embroidered patches on canvas bags and denim jackets were so uso in the 80s too, or maybe it was me lang. Hehehe.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your top is trendy yet unique, and you are slaying it babe! Baci, Valeria - Coco et La vie en rose FASHION & BEAUTY

    ReplyDelete
  9. Just discovered your blog, and I’m in LOVE with it! Amazing layout an content.
    Love your style, you rock!♥
    Regards
    Walkindiscount.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. hahaha omg I just bought some patches from ebay the other day! Such a 90s baby <3


    http://www.thequinoxfashion.com/

    ReplyDelete
  11. The patches on this top are so cool - especially the ice cream! :)

    aglassofice.com
    x

    ReplyDelete
  12. I'm loving the 90s vibes of this top babe, you look amazing!

    Rachel xx
    http://www.thedailyluxe.net

    ReplyDelete

Powered by Blogger.