OOTD: There's absolutely nothing for us here.


*Insert all of the "Time flew by so fast" cliches here*. Fall is upon us all of a sudden and for some reason that makes me want to dress a little more chic and a little less "street". Even though it doesn't really get cold here in the Philippines, the weather has turned just a slightly bit chilly these past few days due to all the rain and I took this rare opportunity to wear a jacket. Today I'm back to doing what I do best: mixing and matching different prints. Don't worry, I'm still a minimalist girl, but it doesn't hurt to spice things up every once in a while. This outfit actually reminds me of a 2014 version of me. If you've been following my blog since the beginning, then you might recall a time when I was all about leopard prints, jackets, and executing combos. Ahh, the good ol' days. The difference is that now I've actually learned how to mix different prints in a tasteful way, unlike before when I would simply mix and match everything I could get my hands on. The worst part is that I actually thought I looked good back then, but I think we all go through that phase. We live and we learn, right? Fashion is all about trying and testing everything out before finally deciding what looks best on you.


The trick to combining prints is to mix a bold and strong print with a more subtle one. In case you're wondering, the jacket I'm wearing only cost me 90 pesos, which is roughly around $2. I bought it at a thrift store and it was practically brand new. I've said this before, but you should really give thrift shopping a try. Admittedly the majority of the clothes that you'll see in thrift stores are less-than-stellar, but if you just take the time to go through all the racks you're bound to find a few hidden gems! I even found an authentic Louis Vuitton Alma PM once which sold for around $140, and it was in really good condition too.

Trust me, visiting local thrift stores with friends can be quite a fun experience.


Top: BELLE OF THE BRAWL / BO+B
Jacket: THRIFTED
Leggings: CIRCLES EN DOTS
Shoes: ALDO
Bag: SOMETHING BORROWED
Choker: BLAIR MNL


6 comments:

  1. I know what you mean about Fall, unfortunately the weather is thailand is till hot. And we don't really have Fall here :( However, I love your look!


    http://www.thequinoxfashion.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. gorgeous mix and match, love this style
    I'd love to know your opinion on my NEW FASHION GUIDE <<< come diventare fashion blogger >>>
    have an happy weekend
    kiss

    ReplyDelete
  3. always the best in mixing prints!! fabulous!

    Back to Blogging!
    Animated Confessions

    ReplyDelete
  4. such a cool clash of styles! love that leopard print! :)

    Metallic Paws

    ReplyDelete

Powered by Blogger.