OOTD: We're changing our ways, taking different roads.


Oversized is kind of my thing. I love anything baggy and loose and I always make sure to buy jackets at least a size or two bigger. For today's look I'm wearing my favorite oversized jacket to create my own version of the Canadian Tux.

Wearing denim on denim can be quite tricky. I mean, no one wants to look like Britney Spears or Justin Timberlake from the 2001 American Music Awards, right? The key to wearing two denim pieces in one ensemble is to choose two different shades of denim so as to provide a nice contrast in your overall look. Wearing two similar shades can end up looking extremely bland and monotonous, though with the right accessories I guess it could still work.



The most important thing is to incorporate pieces into your outfit that will showcase your own personal style. In this case, I opted for my signature patterned tights and went for a sexier look.

Living in a country as "conservative" as the Philippines (although I don't even know what that means anymore, because to be honest the majority of the people here are far from conservative), I've always received a few unwanted stares whenever I wear these tights. Even some of my friends comment that I look 'slutty', but to be honest I disagree. I spent my teenage years watching Gossip Girl and for some reason I just never thought that Blair Waldorf looked slutty when she wore tights.


Top: BO+B
Jacket: THRIFTED
Shorts: FOREVER 21
Tights: FOREVER 21
Shoes: ADIDAS
Choker: MENTAL CLUTTER
Bag: LOUIS VUITTON



17 comments:

  1. Great style!
    Emma
    www.emmalovesfashion.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great Look
    Love your Shoes
    www.thefashiondance.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. i love the outfit, you look so awsome and chic, I'm also a fan of oversized clothes, sometimes i wear my boyfriend's shirt or jeans :D

    www.itsbeyondimaginations.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. That choker is way too cool!

    Federica Di Nardo
    http://federicadinardo.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. yes over-sized clothes are my fave too! I always purchase t-shirt in men's L because it makes me feel comfortable!

    www.thequinoxfashion.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Totally agree with you that wearing denim on denim can be tricky, but you did great job on this outfit, dear :)

    http://crafty-zone.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  7. You styled this denim on denim great! Very chic.

    xo
    www.carinavardie.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the choker and your denim shirt. Your style keeps rocking hon! Baci, Valeria - Coco et La vie en rose NEW POST

    ReplyDelete
  9. love to see you in your element! great styling as always!

    Have a great day!
    Animated Confessions

    ReplyDelete
  10. wow such a damn cool style
    http://carrieslifestyle.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. I so love your gorgeous stockings! Awesome! =)

    - Cielo
    Mermaid in Heels

    ReplyDelete
  12. For me, if I will see you in person, I will say that you're so brave to wear fierce like this. Also this is your trademark style and I love it ever since. xx

    Jewel

    www.jewelclicks.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. I don't think these tights make you look 'slutty' at all! They show your personal style :)

    aglassofice.com
    x

    ReplyDelete
  14. there was a time I didn't like wearing oversized, but that totally changed ha ha ha ....you do look fantastic in this oversized look.

    phenomenal denim shorts and so well paired with that denim jacket.

    the tights are awesome!!!!!!!!!!!!


    www.modaodaradosti.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  15. Kylie! I really like your taste in fashion even if it's far from mine. Your sense of juxtaposition, chic and glam is so on point!

    annescribblesanddoodles.blogspot.com | Bloglovin' | Instagram

    ReplyDelete

Powered by Blogger.