OOTD: "Belle Of The Brawl"


For today's outfit I'm featuring this edgy tank top from BO+B (Belle Of The Brawl), an evolution of one of my favorite streetwear brands, Hellz Bellz. This ensemble showcases my fashion sense perfectly and what I'm all about -- dark, edgy, full of attitude, but still with a hint of glamour and luxury.

Mind you, I received a lot of bold and unwanted stares of disapproval while I was wearing this. I'm not quite sure why. I mean, it's 2016. Aren't people supposed to be less judgmental and more open-minded nowadays? Guess not. It doesn't bother me though. I love fashion too much to be discouraged by people staring at me. The way I see it, fashion is all about freedom of self-expression, just like with any other art form. I want to show people who I am or express what I'm feeling through the clothes that I wear, and I feel like I would be doing myself an injustice if I started dressing more "conservatively" for the sole purpose of molding myself into the person that society wants me to be. Ladies and gentlemen, don't be afraid to wear whatever you want or whatever you feel comfortable in!








This particular photoshoot was shot by Marian Arboleda, a good friend of mine who shares a few similar interests with me. It gets my creative juices flowing whenever I work with someone who has the same vision as I do or at least, a similar one. Of course, it's also good to have a few differences so that you could learn new things from each other. I think Marian and I have the perfect balance and that's why I'm always satisfied whenever she's my photographer.

As for my OOTD, I used the tank top as a base and built my entire ensemble around it, making sure to keep everything consistent with a dark and gritty theme. Like I've said before, street fashion is my favorite type of style, and I personally love how everything turned out with this particular outfit.






Top: BO+B BY HELLZ BELLZ
Jacket: ANDROGYNE MANILA
Leggings: ACE OF SPADES
Necklace: FUDGE ROCK
Boots: TERRANOVA
Bag: CORDES & TOTES







31 comments:

  1. I really like this shirt and think that people don't have to be that judgmental about anyone or anything! Loving this photoshoot!

    Tanya
    www.StripesNVibes.com
    BlogLovin

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow what an edgy and sexy look! Love the last shot the most! ;)

    Girl About Town blog

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your photos! That top says it all - looks great with everything you styled it with.

    Xo Chelsea http://www.shesaidhesaidfashion.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oooh, I love how you made the tank the statement pice and revolved the whole outfit around it! It's so daring and perfect! YES!


    xx Bash | H E Y   B A S H | bloglovin'

    ReplyDelete
  5. Stunning look, Stunning shots!! I love it!

    Adi xx
    www.fancycorrectitude.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. OMG! Love these pictures especially the last one! You have such a great photographer?

    xoxo,
    SHAIRA // What's New? January Haul

    ReplyDelete
  7. Well, in Asia people love them girls with whitening skin, and girly girl style, right? Just f*** it you rock the look and it's more fun to be who you are! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. This looks so cool, Kylie. People will always stare, so make it worth their while, that's what I say. I LOVE your style, girl.
    xox
    Lenya
    FashionDreams&Lifestyle

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wonderful look! I love the look and the black lips!

    ♘www.sugarpopfashion.com♘

    ReplyDelete
  10. Amazing photos dear!

    http://helderschicplace.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  11. Girrrl they were probably staring cos you look so cool! I absolutely adore this edgy look


    Rachel xx
    http://www.thedailyluxe.net

    ReplyDelete
  12. Girrrl they were probably staring cos you look so cool! I absolutely adore this edgy look


    Rachel xx
    http://www.thedailyluxe.net

    ReplyDelete
  13. These ripped tights are so 'you' with regard to fierce styling - very bold and unusual!!

    Gabrielle | A Glass Of Ice
    x

    ReplyDelete
  14. you are rocking it!! so edgy chic!

    Have a great week!
    Animated Confessions

    ReplyDelete
  15. And I love that your make up went well with the outfit.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Personally I also think that nowadays people should be more open-minded, but hm...good words: SHOULD be, unfortunately, sometimes they aren't. You look great, Kylie, love your last photo <3

    http://crafty-zone.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  17. stunning,you look awesome
    I love that you are bold towear something like this,

    ReplyDelete
  18. I totally agree that people should be more open minded like in the western world or in western asia unlike in the philippines. I adore that you express yourself fully! What a sexy edgy look :)

    Styleccentric Fashion | Current post >> Pink Church | BLOGLOVIN

    xo, Alyssa

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Having lived in the US, Europe, and travelled a bunch including SE Asia, I think people are judgemental of something no matter where you go. In Central Europe people stare if you're dressed sexy or provocatively, in California you get judges for wearing anything not mainstream, in Thailand a sales girl told me I was too fat for anything in the store! So, yeah.. people are gonna judge. It's up to you and me to turn the other cheek and show those jerks that their opinions don't matter :)
      www.MarinaSays.com

      Delete
  19. Wow K, you rock this edgy look and that killer lipstick!!! Baci, Valeria - Coco et La vie en rose fashion blog

    ReplyDelete
  20. Wow, very nice and edgy, you look gorgeous!

    besos,
    M
    The Flower Duet

    ReplyDelete
  21. You look amazing! Love the jacket! You have a great style!
    Obsessed Fashion Blog

    ReplyDelete
  22. Still crashing on your lipstick!! Baci, Valeria - Coco et La vie en rose NEW FASHION POST

    ReplyDelete
  23. You seriously do look amazing, girl!! I would be staring at you too, but in awe!! <3 <3

    http://anshul90.com

    ReplyDelete
  24. This is such a gorgeous outfit, you look absolutely beautiful and I love everything about your style and your outfits - gorgeous!

    Layla xx

    http://www.sprinklesofstyle.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  25. Nice style, I love the leggings!

    http://ledarkwaltz.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  26. TRUEEE! it feels like "all eyes on me when i walk in..." song playing if people stares at you. HAHAHA :D but whatever you go babe! i love your outfit it is really you! fierce. :)

    The last shot is awesomeee!

    xx,
    Jewel
    www.jewelclicks.com

    ReplyDelete

Powered by Blogger.