THE TRANSGENDER TURNING POINT: Bruce Jenner and Andreja Pejic

After months and months of speculation and build-up, Bruce Jenner (stepfather of the Kardashians and father of Kendall and Kylie Jenner) has finally admitted in an interview with Diane Sawyer that he identifies himself as a woman.

In the exclusive tell-all, Bruce says that he has always been confused about his gender ever since he was a child, admitting that he even took hormone pills for five years back in the 80's.

Watch a clip of the interview below:


It has been a huge and important week for the LGBT community. Besides Bruce Jenner's inspirational and emotional revelation, the story of Andreja Pejic also made headlines recently.

Andreja, a 23-year old model from Bosnia, became the first transgender model to be featured in Vogue. Additionally, she is also the new face of Make Up For Ever, making her one of the first transgenders to score a major modelling campaign.

Andreja Pejic (photo via Patrick Demarchelier/Vogue)

Has our society finally reached a transgender turning point? What do you think of Bruce Jenner's and Andreja Pejic's stories? Share your thoughts in the comments below and join the conversations on Twitter using the hashtag #BruceJennerABC!


5 comments:

  1. I'm so proud of Bruce Jenner for doing that interview! I think it's great that people are becoming a lot more accepting of transgender people

    COOCOO FOR COCO

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really admire Bruce Jenner. He was dauntless in saying all the things he said. I don't think we are at that stage yet where the LGBT community is accepted openly but I think we are getting there. One baby step at a time.

    Jenn
    The Pink Lemonade Girl

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm proud of Bruce Jenner <3 btw, I`m back! hihi


    ROUGH & TOUGH☯ // I`m on Bloglovin! // IG: @jiaachacruz

    ReplyDelete
  4. OMG! and this shocked me today. However, i admire his courageous revelations. Finally, she has decided what she wanted to be.

    ReplyDelete
  5. OMG! I was in total shock right now. However I admire Jenner for being courageous with this revelation.

    ReplyDelete

Powered by Blogger.