MAKEUP TUTORIAL: How To Get Kylie Jenner's Lips


Kylie Jenner's lips have been a hot topic of discussion for the past few months. Did she get lip injections? Is it just make-up? Is it a combination of both? I used to obsess about it too until I finally figured it out . . . It's just make-up! I studied various photos of her showing off her plump pout, zooming in and out, adjusting the lighting with photoshop, etc. until I started noticing her natural thin lip line obscured underneath all her make-up. This led me to believe that what Kylie has been saying all this time was true: Her lips are merely the result of strategically placed lip liner.

I tried it out for myself and although it took a few trial and errors before I was finally able to do it correctly, I can now share with you a quick tutorial on how to imitate Kylie Jenner's perfect pout! Let's begin, shall we?

This is a photo of me without any lip product on:


For this make-up trick, you're going to need just two items: One lip liner in a light almost-nude color, and another in a darker shade. I personally use these lip pencils from Nichido (LP04 ROSETTE and LP05 SPICE) which retail for around 100 pesos each.


The first thing you need to do is use the lighter shade to line and fill in your entire lips. Think of it as using your lip pencil as your lipstick, basically. 



Once you're done, take the darker lip pencil and draw a line right above your natural lip line on your upper lip. You are literally going to draw your new, bigger lips with the darker lip liner. Try to stay semi-close to your real lip line so that it doesn't end up looking too fake. 


For your lower lip, overline it nice and dark to give your lips a more prominent pout. It's almost as if you're using the dark lip pencil to contour the bottom of your lower lip.



Once you're done, lightly fill in your lips with the darker lip pencil, avoiding the innermost parts to create a gradient effect. Don't forget to blend everything to get rid of harsh lines. Make sure the result is nice and smooth!


Voila! You're done. Here's a "before and after" shot for your comparison:


It takes a little bit of practice but eventually it does get extremely easy to do! It only takes me 1-2 minutes to do this in the morning.

Now you can flaunt your Kylie Rodriguez Jenner pout too! Feel free to send me photos and I'll share the best ones on my Instagram.

x



32 comments:

  1. There we go! At least now we know that Kylie's lips are as ~natural~ as it is (despite the fact that it looks really different hehe!)


    www.jhanzey.net

    ReplyDelete
  2. There we go! At least now we know that Kylie's lips are as ~natural~ as it is (despite the fact that it looks really different hehe!)


    www.jhanzey.net

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, great tip Kylie, you look beautiful, and your lips are perfect!
    BTW, love your headscarf!

    besos,
    M
    The Flower Duet

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! Very nice makeup. I just loveit.
    https://blogthebutterfly.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, so that's how you do it. Thanks for sharing! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love how Kylie's lips have become such a topic lately, but I honestly think her lips look better with the makeup enhancements - it's a talent, for sure haha! ;) I Love that you've recreated the look, nice job!

    Gabrielle | A Glass Of Ice

    x

    ReplyDelete
  7. The most popular lips right now - Kylie's!!! Great job dear! xo

    ReplyDelete
  8. You did amazing job. xx

    http://ninasstyleblog.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Nice tips Kylie! I love your natural lips more..!
    xx
    cvetybaby.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. Very nice photos and they are very creativ !!! Also the quality of article is very high , I like it so much !!!

    I want to invite you to visit and Follow my blog ! iT’S SOMETHING FOR EVERYBODY LOVING GOOD FASHION AND HIGH QUALITY PHOTOS !!

    WHAT DO YOU THINK ABOUT FOLLOWING EACH OTHER ?

    SEE YOU ON VICIRAGE

    http://vicirage.com/
    http://vicirage.com/
    http://vicirage.com/

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow!!! love this so much Kylie!!! I'm a big fan of Kylie Jenner! she's young and cool!!
    and yes, she's so good on makeup too
    I'm actually planning to buy a new lippie from MAC inspired by her lip color hehhe

    love lots,
    Tin

    mypoeticisolation.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. wow, great tutorial.

    http://thinkworkandgo.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  13. She's very pretty but I prefer the natural look, always! =)

    NEW POST on http://whattostyle.blogspot.com/

    God bless you!
    xoxo,
    Jessica

    ReplyDelete
  14. She's very beautiful, but I prefer the natural look, always! =)

    NEW POST on http://whattostyle.blogspot.com/

    God bless you!
    xoxo,
    Jessica

    ReplyDelete
  15. Gorgeous lip liner xxx

    www.susannahzabelle.com

    ReplyDelete
  16. Sooo gorgeous!! I love Kylie Jenner's lips and you do it so well and it definitely suits you too! ;)

    New post on GIRL ABOUT TOWN BLOG
    FACEBOOK || BLOGLOVIN || INSTAGRAM || G +

    ReplyDelete
  17. It's looking so natural and pretty, GREAT job!

    ReplyDelete
  18. beautiful makeup, great tutorial
    new post on my blog, i wait you
    http://tr3ndygirl.com
    kiss

    ReplyDelete
  19. I'm definitely going to try this, my lips aren't thin but can always do with bigger ones! Your eyebrows look perfect here :)

    India / Touchscreens & Beautyqueens

    ReplyDelete
  20. Looks awsome Kylie! You did an amazing job and looks natural on you, doesn't look over the top :)

    Take care always, love Christine ~ xx
    BLOG | BLOGLOVIN' | TWITTER | FACEBOOK

    ReplyDelete
  21. Beautiful effect! I use Dior's 169 lip liner for this purpose, because it's the exact same color as my lips :)

    Bella Pummarola

    ReplyDelete
  22. BRAVO!
    great tutorial dear Kylie.
    I use a lip liner but am too scared to try this look,
    you made me rethink about it.
    good job on this one,
    LOVE IT!


    Ms. Kei

    ReplyDelete
  23. Wow, it's amazing idea, I have to buy lip liner ASAP and try this tutorial :)

    http://crafty-zone.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  24. awesome,can totaly see the difference
    kisses

    ReplyDelete
  25. Awesome. I need all of the makeup tips I can get!

    xoxo

    Kaley

    My Closet Life Blog

    ReplyDelete
  26. love the pouty illusion from those lip products!! :D

    Animated Confessions

    ReplyDelete
  27. Great job! I love it :) thanks for the tips.

    xx,
    Jewel
    www.jewelclicks.com

    ReplyDelete

Powered by Blogger.