It's Like Looking Down The Barrel Of A Gun


"Well, now then, Mardy Bum. I've seen your frown and it's like looking down the barrel of a gun, and it goes off . . . Then out come all these words." --Arctic Monkeys




My favorite band of all time is Arctic Monkeys -- an indie rock band from Sheffield. I first discovered them back in 2005 and I've grown attached to them ever since. One of the first songs that I've ever heard from them is "Mardy Bum", and though it has been 9 years since I first listened to it, it's still one of my favorite tracks. Every time I hear it, I get a feeling of nostalgia. You know that bittersweet feeling when you're both happy and sad? I guess it's because hearing the song sort of transports me back to the old days.




PLAID SHIRT from @shop.teenidle
SHIRT from Androgyne Manila
LEGGINGS from Lovely Wholesale
BOOTS from Kohl's
BAG from Louis Vuitton

That's why when I found out that an Instagram store called Teen Idle was selling customized plaid shirts, I immediately knew that I wanted "Mardy Bum" written at the back.




This plaid shirt has already become a favorite item of mine. I chose to go for a more trendier look today (think "casual glam") and chose to pair it with a graphic tee and gold leggings. What do you think of this look? I always love reading your comments and always appreciate your insights.




NECKLACE from Apostrophe
BRACELET from Forever 21
WATCH from Chanel
RING from Born Pretty


Check out Teen Idle's store on Instagram and get your own customized plaid shirt! Follow @shop.teenidle now!

Also, watch out for my next blog post. I will be doing a "style spotlight" feature on Aye Valdez, the owner of Teen Idle who also happens to be a good friend of mine and one of my favorite style muses. Stay tuned!

x



35 comments:

  1. You're always good at mixing prints. Love the touch of gold leggings!
    Also love your lip color!

    besos,
    M
    http://theflowerduet.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh yes!! "I Bet You Look Good On The Dancefloor" is also one of my favorites. It's a classic :) Whenever I hear the guitar intro, I remember all sorts of things from my past lol <3

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wowwww So amazing look
    You look awesome babe
    Kisses
    Maggie D.
    The Indian Savage diary

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the edginess you added with bold necklace and that awesome hat! xo
    http://stylesensemoments.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. quite the rock and roll vibe in this look!!! so cool! :)

    Animated Confessions

    ReplyDelete
  6. So stylish combo, love how you paired it. It looks amazing together. Totally love your custom made shirt. :)
    Fashion Happenss

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hello. my name is Helena. Lovely outfit. I like it

    my blog www.helenapolanskyblog.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. you look amazing ! Love the outfit!

    http://vladasworld.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  9. I think that plaid shirt looks amazing with golden leggins (you know me - I love metallic things, so if you wear anything what is bling-bling or metallic I'll adore this outfit! ) :)

    http://crafty-zone.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  10. love those gold pants! I`m always been a fan of gold hehe

    join my giveaway!
    ROUGH & TOUGH☯ | I`m on Bloglovin!

    ReplyDelete
  11. That golden jegging is just sooo daring, great look on you!
    http://sepatuholig.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love this shirt ! :)

    saralookbook.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. Who wouldn't love Arctic Monkeys!? Love the look as always ka :*

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love those hot tights! Super stylish look!
    Have a lovely week!

    xx Cissy
    www.idreamofbunnies.com
    Follow on Facebook

    ReplyDelete
  15. Awesome outfit! I love the flannel with the gold leggings. You pull off statement pieces so well!

    Best,
    Christina

    looksbylau.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  16. your look are all cool but this is super,love all pieces! :)
    would you like to pass from my blog?
    NEW POST http://tr3ndygirl.com
    kiss

    ReplyDelete
  17. So stunning,those leggings i want them .They are so beautiful
    Great pairing
    Cheers

    ReplyDelete
  18. AW!!! Super chic look. Love it so much.
    https://blogthebutterfly.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  19. This is HAUTE Kylie! Keep inspiring us!!!
    Baci,
    Coco
    Coco et La vie en rose / Bloglovin / Facebook

    ReplyDelete
  20. So chic!

    xo, Pau
    http://bookshelvesandvanities.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  21. You are awesome, Kyle! Great outfit as always and leggings are awesome! Love them!
    xx
    cvetybaby.com
    Instagram Facebook

    ReplyDelete
  22. You look amazing, love the customized plaid shirt and gold leggings.

    http://thinkworkandgo.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  23. wow.
    you are so fab, glad i found your blog.
    you are so fierce pulling off the metallic leggings look.
    i LOVE iT!


    Ms. Kei


    ---

    P.S.
    i am now following your blog
    through Bloglovin'.

    ReplyDelete
  24. bagay na bagay sayo that plaid top kylie! i want one too ala khloe kardashian <3

    ReplyDelete
  25. Wow dear! I didn't know fan ka rin pala n Arctic Monkeys! hehe I'm a big fan of them too!!! Love your top so much!!! exactly my kind of top! hehhe

    love lots,
    Tin

    mypoeticisolation.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  26. Love the plaid top Kyle! And I super like that you personalized it too! :)

    ReplyDelete
  27. Oh wow.. those pants are soo freakin sexy!! Love the gold and black, such a head turner as always Kylie.. loving the plaid top too, you look stunning in red! :)

    Take care always, love Christine ~ xx
    BLOG | BLOGLOVIN' | TWITTER | FACEBOOK

    ReplyDelete
  28. I watched them last year at Glastonbury! You can't beat a good plaid shirt and a bowler. :)

    Tara x

    ReplyDelete

Powered by Blogger.