CLOSET STAPLES: Dressing Up For Formal Occasions

Cheap Bridesmaid Dresses
Formal dresses are a must-have in every girl or woman's closet. No matter your age, there will always come a time when you will need them -- whether it's for prom night, a swanky dinner party, or even a wedding.

Today's post is all about choosing the right dress that will suit the occasion. After all, it's never good to be underdressed or even overdressed.

Long prom dresses or short prom dresses?

This is a question that is always frequently asked by teens whenever their prom night approaches. I remember my own senior prom 6 years ago when all of my friends were stressing themselves out regarding this dilemma. 

It's always best to find that pefect balance between "long" and "short". To me, long dresses are always associated with really formal events such as a wedding or a fashion gala. When you're a teenager, it's better to wear something that hits right at the knee or even just below it. Keep it youthful and fun because trust me, you're only young once. Having a slightly shorter dress doesn't make you look any less "formal" -- it all depends on the design of the dress! Choose wisely and I guarantee you that you will still look fit for the occasion.



What to wear to a wedding?

This is another dilemma that a lot of women face at some point in their lives. Obviously, if you're the bride, then you will have your own ideas of how you want your dress to look like. However, if you're simply a guest at the wedding, finding the right thing to wear can be tricky. Bridesmaids and those who are officially part of the actual ceremony need not worry because more often than not, the bride assigns them a specific color and design to wear.

So what should you wear if you're simply a guest?

In my opinion, since weddings are very special and don't happen very often, it's okay to pull out all the stops when you're attending one and show up in a stunning dress. However, keep in mind that you wouldn't want to outshine the bride, so keep it elegant but not too over-the-top. Opt for a long dress with a simple yet sophisticated design instead!



How to dress for a cocktail party?

When you're attending a cocktail party, you need to learn how to tread the fine line between "formal" and "casual". Most cocktail parties call for attire that's dressy but not too dressy. The trick is to choose a dress with a basic design and simply add flashy accessories to give it a more sophisticated vibe.
Now the most important question of all . . . Where to buy dresses for all these occasions?

While dress-hunting may be fun at times, it can also get a bit tedious and tiresome, especially when you don't find anything you like and have to go home empty-handed. Fear not, ladies! Now, there is a place that can cater to all of your needs for any occasion. The best part? You don't even have to leave your house to go shopping! Simply visit Victoria's Dress for a wide range of dress selections that include prom dresses (long & short), evening dresses, formal dresses, cocktail dresses, and bridesmaid dresses!

x


35 comments:

  1. OMG I don't know wish one I loves the most, because there all absolutely gorgeous :)
    Great post darling
    xoxo
    http://stunningchic.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi my sweet and beautiful Kyle,
    I love these dresses
    So cute
    Kisses
    Maggie D.
    The Indian Savage diary

    ReplyDelete
  3. That first dress is gorgeous : )
    I love your tips, you're right that it depends on the design of the dress.

    besos,
    M
    http://theflowerduet.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice post! I personally prefer dresses like the last one, it's very cute :)


    http://pinupgalore.blogspot.fr

    ReplyDelete
  5. I just ran into the same online shop and it seems to be gaining popularity. Lovely selections.

    http://thinkworkandgo.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  6. That first black dress is seriously fantastic! LOVE IT!

    Rachel's Lookbook

    ReplyDelete
  7. They have amazing and unique dresses, and your selection is so chic! <3

    http://crafty-zone.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  8. I like short dresses better... but maybe it's because I'm short, and long dresses are a loooot of work ^^
    xoxo

    Novelstyle

    ReplyDelete
  9. These dresses are beautiful! I absolutely love the first one and definitely would have worn it to prom if I could go back in time! Great tips here :)

    Best,
    Christina

    looksbylau.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. Amazing dresses! I love both variations: long and short. Great choice.

    ♘ www.sugarpopfashion.com ♘

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful choice, I love short elegant dresses! xo

    ReplyDelete
  12. wow all these dresses are so stunning! love them all :D

    katslovefashion.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow these are all so beautiful and classy! I love the first and fifth dress especially :) amazing selection!

    New post on GIRL ABOUT TOWN BLOG
    FACEBOOK || BLOGLOVIN || INSTAGRAM || G +

    ReplyDelete
  14. I think both long and short prom dress also look pretty and amazing (: x

    http://birdiethgirl.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  15. Awesome dresses! I would like to choose something like this for my prom!

    Instagram|RococoStyle.com|Bloglovin'

    ReplyDelete
  16. That first dress is super amazing!!!! Oh my gosh!! Seriously amazing!! Breathless <3 <3 Lovely post! Thanks for commenting on my blog once again! Always returning the support!

    http://thefacelessstyle.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  17. Oh my GOLLY I love that first white dress!!! STUNNING!!!!!

    www.bohemianmuses.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  18. gorgeous dresses!

    http://blondieanchors.com/

    ReplyDelete
  19. Love the details on these dresses!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Wow!! amazing looks!! I love the pomp dresses!! kisses!!

    www.rednailsladies.com

    ReplyDelete
  21. No matter how much I love street wear, but dress is very important to be put in my closet!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Ooh, I definitely need more dresses in my wardrobe! Love the long dresses - white maxis are so my thing this year =)

    - Che

    style-che.com

    ReplyDelete
  23. thanks for the darling comment you left on my blog! very much appreciated :D
    anyway, these dresses are all wonderful and I must say, I like the long ones because they make me feel like a princess. hihi ^^)

    xoxo, rae
    http://www.raellarina.net/

    ReplyDelete
  24. what a great selection!! wonderful dresses.
    www.rot-schopf.com

    ReplyDelete
  25. I really love this place. I needed assistance with something and they went above and beyond helping me. They were very nice to me and it was really amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  26. The dresses are really very nice. It has made the wearer look extremely elegant, stylish and beautiful. The famous fashion clothing brand is offering a mega stock clearance sale offer on some selected items which includes evening, prom, party and wedding dresses. Avail upto 50% discount on these items. The offer is available on first come first come basis. For further details check website or visit your nearest store.

    ReplyDelete
  27. Those are some pretty dresses, but where are the suits? I would love to buy a new suit for my work interview. Our department manager is stepping down and I need to look my best for the interview. http://www.brittonsformalwear.com.au

    ReplyDelete

Powered by Blogger.