The Modern Gypsy



When I made this kimono using an old scarf, I made the conscious decision to keep it long and flowy instead of waist-length like a typical blazer/cardigan. Since everyone else was wearing those "normal" kimonos, I wanted to be different and stand out from the rest by being the only one to have a long one.... Or so I thought. Imagine my surprise when I discovered that Hollywood celebrities (from Nicole Richie to Kourtney Kardashian, both of which are some of my personal style icons) have also been rocking longer, floor-length versions of the trend for a while now.

Because of this, I became inspired to wear mine again (the first and last time I wore it was in my Wanderland blog post). However, I styled it a bit differently today. Whereas last time my outfit was very minimalist, simple, and boho-chic, this time I decided to go for an edgier and trendier look.



Since the kimono was already very long and flowy, I wanted to create a balance by keeping the rest of my outfit tight and body-fitting, hence the reason I chose these cobalt blue leggings and basic black top. The boots were just a finishing touch to complete the ensemble.



KIMONO from Me (DIY)
TOP from CPS
LEGGINGS from Wasteland
BOOTS from Terranova
BAG from Balenciaga



BEADED BRACELET from Thailand
CDC BRACELET from Hermes


NECKLACE #1 from K-Village
NECKLACE #2 from Charlotte Russe


If you're thinking about wearing a long kimono but don't know how to style it, check out these celebrities and how they're rocking theirs:




38 comments:

  1. Totally love your style
    The long blouse, the jeans are so beautiful, you look so adorable
    Great post.
    xoxo
    http://stunningchic.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this post! Amazing kimono, look so cool on you! I must buy one for the summer, look fantastic for summer nights! Thanks for the comments in my blog and for sharing this!
    kisses xx cvety
    cvetybaby.com
    Instagram Facebook

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow! Fab and Fierce Hun! :) I'm loving your DIY Kimono ^_^ ♥ btw, thanks for dropping by on my blog :) adding you on my reading list♥

    xoxo

    http://switbbydoll.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. OMG I love your Kimono.
    So cool outfit Kyle and you look stunning
    Kisses
    Maggie D.
    The Indian Savage Diary

    ReplyDelete
  5. You look fabolous!
    Love this look <3
    kisses
    http://www.milanotime.net

    ReplyDelete
  6. love your kimono!
    www.mrsnoone.it
    kiss

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love it Kylie!! you are so creative! You're one of the most creative blogger I know.
    You nailed it gorgeous!~<3

    love lots,
    Tin

    mypoeticisolation.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love it!
    www.japolina.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. The kimono suits you so well (: amazing piece! And thank you for commenting on my blog, it's so good to finally found someone who know about stylenanda too! x

    http://birdiethgirl.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. good
    www.ilblogdelmarchese.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. you look like a chic woman in this outfit! Love it though <3

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love this kimono and I would totally wear it with heavy boots just like you did!

    http://bellapummarola.blogspot.it/

    ReplyDelete
  13. Fab flowy look! I love your accessories and that Bal bag is perfect!

    xo, Bekka
    Palm and Peachtree, A Fashion and Lifestyle Blog
    Instagram | Facebook | Bloglovin



    ReplyDelete
  14. I love the floor length kimono! I actually prefer the longer styles. Love how you layered the necklaces too.

    http://www.meglovesit.com

    ReplyDelete
  15. Im loving ur kimono collection! This one is gorgeous, though sadly, I would be cleaning everyones floor with it... :/ #tooshort!
    xoxo

    Novelstyle

    Don't forget to check my Shopbop gift card giveaway!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. You've a nice kimono and also a gorgeous CDC too =)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hey you're amazing dear!

    My NEW BLOG is online, what do u think about?
    BABYWHATSUP.COM

    Kisses from Italy

    ReplyDelete
  18. Lovin the print on you!!

    http://heydahye.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  19. Love how long is your kimono, and it goes great with those boots!
    Good luck with your project today ;) xo

    ReplyDelete
  20. love that you made it yourself. looks great!
    xo,
    nancy

    ReplyDelete
  21. adore you in a kimono! its such a cute outfit x

    Check out my new giveaway @ http://only4feet9.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  22. I love this kimono and that you made it yourself! And I also adore your shoes <3

    http://crafty-zone.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  23. Love your modern gypsy mood! ;-)

    www.stylentonic.com

    ReplyDelete
  24. that is soo resourceful and fantabulous of you that you turned that scarf into a kimono. Good job kylie!!! Kimono's are really in nowadays <3


    http://yanibonifacio.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  25. I love your style! ... beautiful details!
    www.raffaeledelmondo.com

    ReplyDelete
  26. que mona la camisa ! :)

    saralookbook.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  27. so pretty.What are fascinates me are those pants so stunning love the zipper detail
    have a great weekend dear
    kisses

    ReplyDelete
  28. YAY! Another gorgeous look and matching with your Kimono. I like it, can i have it? :D

    Stay gorg! :)

    xx,
    www.jewelclicks.com

    ReplyDelete
  29. Love the outfit dear especially your DIY Kimono! I just bought a kimono similar to this, but longer and flowy on is quite interesting. I'll try to do this DIY too!

    ReplyDelete
  30. Wow, you look so beautiful :)

    ReplyDelete

Powered by Blogger.