Style Icon

We all have that one celebrity that we admire and look up to when it comes to style and fashion. I myself have been heavily influenced by so many people, both real and fictional, such as Kate Moss, Rihanna, and the character of Blair Waldorf from the TV series Gossip Girl. But there's one celebrity that I am just simply obsessed with: Olivia Palermo.

Now, for those of you might not be familiar with her, she is actually a New York socialite who burst onto the scene when she joined MTV's reality show The City (a spin-off of The Hills, which was also another of my guilty pleasures lol). When the show ended, she continued her career as a fashion designer and now she is practically very well-known through out the industry.

Today I felt compelled to blog about some of my favorite looks from her, since she is part of the reason why I decided to start a fashion blog in the first place.


This is by far my favorite outfit she's ever worn. The white blazer looks oh-so-preppy and that bow really completes the look. This outfit actually reminds me of Blair Waldorf, which isn't surprising considering the fact that Olivia is rumored to be the real-life inspiration behind the Gossip Girl character.
 

She loves her blazers doesn't she? Olivia is actually the one who inspired me to start wearing blazers. I used to not own a single piece, but now I'm obsessed with them as you can see from my previous blog posts.


It is a common misconception that blazers make an outfit look too corporate or too formal. Olivia proves that you can still look incredibly dainty and feminine by pairing a slightly less structured blazer with a ruffled skirt. 


Even when dressed casually, Olivia looks absolutely chic. I honestly don't know how she does it but I learned that even the most casual ensembles can still turn out to be quite elegant. All you have to do is choose classic pieces that complement each other.


The one thing that I absolutely love about Olivia is the fact that she reuses her accessories all the time. I hate it when someone wears a piece of clothing only once because they're afraid to be photographed wearing the same thing twice. Fashion recycling is definitely not a crime, and I love how Olivia proves that! She also likes to mix high-end items with cheaper ones, which is one thing I learned from her. You don't always have to be decked out in designer items. It's not about the brand, it's how you wear it.

What about you? Who's your fashion icon? Let me know by leaving a comment below!

xo




16 comments:

  1. Oh my gosh! So chic! I love Blair Waldorf. She's got the best style that's well put together. These photos of Olivia reminds me of Serena van der Woodsen's style on GG. Love it! :)

    ♡, M

    http://meganmay7.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Olivia Palermo is such a fab girl! :)

    lavinajampit.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Waaah super fab. I'm not sure if it is your blog that introduced me to her. she's great even the simplest outfit looks fab on her! :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. She sure its beautiful and have a elegant sense of style.
    http://tifi11.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yeah, I totally agree with you. I am a die hard Olivia Palermo fan. Love her style and the fact she always looks chic no matter what and reuses her wardrobe while making it look fabulous. I also follow her style too.

    http://thinkworkandgo.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  6. okay, she's gorgeous and i agree.. she always look amazing! thank you for dropping by btw

    would you like to follow each other?
    http://only4feet9.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. omg love love LOVE her!! Totally agree - she is always chic! x

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love Olivia! she has a great style! And that rumor of her being Blair Waldorfs inspiration? hmm kinda true! We all can see the evidence *insert evil laugh here*

    sarahrizaga.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. mine is olivia from jerseylicious,love her creativity n style
    http://africanmbiu.blogspot.com/2013/10/nairobi-fashion-market.html

    ReplyDelete
  10. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  11. they are such an amazing inspiration xx
    http://girlonstreet.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hey:)
    This is a lovely blog, with interesting posts...
    Would you like to follow each other? Follow us on blogspot (or even Facebook), let us know and we will follow back (on both, if you did so too).

    Kisses,

    www.thescarletdiaries.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. such a chic lady!!! love her style too!! :D

    Animated Confessions

    ReplyDelete
  14. i love her look also, she's so pretty and fashion icon indeed!

    It’s a GIRL Thing

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love her style, she just always looks so perfect and polished!

    Xo
    L
    blogablebeauty.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  16. Definitely Blair Waldorf and Miranda Kerr! :) Olivia is sooo pretty and true enough, blazers are great additions to one's closet.

    ReplyDelete

Powered by Blogger.